Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Special Needs bag IM Florida
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what mile of the bike and what mile of the run these will be at? I couldn't find it on the website. Also has anyone received an info packet yet?

First IM

Spinney

http://www.mountainmettle.com
Quote Reply
Re: Special Needs bag IM Florida [Spindogg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as your first Q I don't know...I downloaded the participant info off of the IMFL website.
Quote Reply
Re: Special Needs bag IM Florida [dirtydan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you say participant info-- are you just referring to the schedule and the FAQ's? Am I missing something here? I don't see any downloadable "participant info" other than course maps, schedule, and general info.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it the athlete's guide you are looking for?

http://www.ironmanflorida.com/2005IMFLAAI.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's around mile 55 or so. Interesting, there are 2 'hills' on this course, and they manage to give you your special needs bag as you go up one of them...which kinda sucks.

If it's cold, and your bottles are frozen, they will be frozen when you get them. I learned this lesson the hard way. Infinit doesn't thaw when it's 48 degrees out, who knew!?!?!

see you in florida...
Last edited by: eganski: Oct 14, 05 8:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the bike special needs is just before 50 miles. The run is at the half way point in front of Alvin's Island near the turn-around. You won't be getting anything in the mail, but you can download the athlete guide from the web site, it was just put up in the last few days if you haven't checked lately.

Thom
Quote Reply
Re: Special Needs bag IM Florida [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much!! That is exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't seem to find it on the website.

See you in Florida

John Spinney

Quote Reply
Re: Special Needs bag IM Florida [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think it will be 48 deg in PCB on Nov 5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was the temp. on race morning last year...i was freezing.

The fun part, i was told, was listening to the tubulars explode in the transition zone as the temperature went up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But will that be the temp at 55 miles into the bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No konababy, my point was that if it's cold in the morning, your frozen bottles won't thaw by the time you get them.

but thanks...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe freeze half of it and keep the other half in the firdige overnight and then race morning top off the frozen bottle with the unfrozend and hopefully it will be about right.

BTW in Lake Placid '04 it was ~ 45 deg at dawn (very cold for me) and I had 2 bottles frozen AND in an insulated envelope and the bottles were partially thawed at the special needs handoff adn gradually thawed out over the 2nd loop and ended up being the perfect temp to drink. But I guess every day is different. It is hard to compare a day in Upstate NY in July to Florida in November.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that would be a good way to do it. I also raced LP in '04 and I didn't freeze the bottles, and they got a little warm, which is why I froze them for IMFL...

chalk it up to lessons learned...

by the way, I just realized that I wrote 'konababy' and that's not your name! sorry konaby..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't even notice that. I wonder if other people pick up on that. Most people probably thought you were making fun of me and some thought you were flirting. LOL just kidding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wasn't making fun of you...as for flirting, I can't seem to remember who around here is a guy and who is a girl (other than the obvious ones like Kittycat and Irondeb)...

i mean, how could I flirt with you..other than something like 'ooh...I looooove the number 2008!'

flirting on slowtwitch is just creepy...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like I said "just kidding". I also said "some people". BTW I am a guy and I hope that you weren't flirting with me.
Quote Reply