Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT: What to do with old trophies?
Quote | Reply
I got a box of old trophies, not triathlon related, I was going to pitch em but wondered if they could be donated to a youth group or something?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: OT: What to do with old trophies? [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Donate to youth groups. Or set up some local kids races and make up some plates to put on them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I got a box of old trophies, not triathlon related, I was going to pitch em but wondered if they could be donated to a youth group or something?
Like anyone on this forum knows anything about trophies...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: OT: What to do with old trophies? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL! I'm with you Ken. Now, if it were race t-shirts...

Chris

--
"I do not hurt on the bike, I punish."
Quote Reply
Re: OT: What to do with old trophies? [trinewbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were all tae kwon do and darting trophies, I pitched them. Didn't think the youth groups could use them. Only thing I kept was first in my ag in a 5k. My personal best finish in anything. Kinda sad really.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a "track meet" at the Special Ed School one time. We made a grass track and everyone who ran and "won" got a trophy or medal and T-shirt.I don't think anyone gave a rats about the size or type of trophy they won. Many smiles handed out that day.
Not too sure what people thought of a "marathon finisher" shirt on some of the kids walking around in the mall 6 mons later was about. But it makes more sense than a homeless dude with an Ironman Finisher shirt on. I give all my old shirts to my friend in a homeless project now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Set those babies up on a front window sill. One where the neighbors can see that they're trophies, but can't quite tell what the little guy on top is doing.

That way, when they see you shuffling along at the end of a training run, they'll think you're "saving it for race-day."

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you own a shotgun? Time for some target practice!

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Special Olympics takes trophy donations (or at least the groups where I was volunteering did). They pull the little plaque off and put new ones on. Sometimes they even swap out the tops.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call me fickle but I still have my trophys out from a swim race I won when i 15. It was the first thing I ever won and it meant a lot at the time. A trophy is purely symbolic of it's true worth. I won races last year I cared less about than that old one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
College days - door stops...

Homeowner days - in garage on countertop next to other junk reminding just how good I thought I was.

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife is a grade two teacher and was a AG runner for many years before becoming an AG trigeek. She still runs every local 5/10 kms and local tri. She has a trunkful of medals collected over the years since she's AG podiumed in almost every event she's ever entered. Many of the medals are generic, so she hands them out to her grade two kids on special events or good behaviour type days. The kids just love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've picked up a whole bunch of crap over the years.

Two years ago I had a clean out, and just kept the most special one. The rest I gave to the local aths club to rebadge and give to kids when they win major events and so on.

The ugliest trophy I had was one I picked up when i was in States and won a road race between Texas and Mexico. No shit, it was over 6 feet tall, and had the Mexican/US flag colours on the beams that supported the mass. I had to break it into pieces to get it home. That one only stayed in the house for a few days in the end.

I have kept all my IM medals, except two I have given away. I don't part with them so easily.
Quote Reply