Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMFL Participant/Triathlete in Need..help!
Quote | Reply
Hi,

My good buddy Jeremy who is participating in IMFL for his first IM was pancaked by a truck today. Luckily, he only suffered lacerations to his face, but his bike is totalled. Can anybody help out in a hurry? It will be awhile until he can get things worked out with the insurance....but any bike that could be loaned would be returned. I'd give him one of my bikes, but I'm a bit smaller than him.... He rides a 56. Please PM me if you can help!!!

Thanks, Andy

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Last edited by: Andy: Oct 12, 05 19:26
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Participany/Triathlete in Need..help! [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:(

I wish I had one he could use. If I weren't going to be there myself I'd give him the Giant to use. *sigh*

This sounds like a good Emergency TSR project if there ever was one. Where is the caped TSR hero, R10C!

Trae

--
Trae McCombs
TSR - Sponsored by the Masses. Racing for the hell of it.
Ironman Finisher 2005 -- 14:09:18
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Participant/Triathlete in Need..help! [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bumping this back to the front page...

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is he located? I have a M/L softride that I'd be happy to bring to the race, but need myself for a few rides between now and then. It's a roadwing. I did IMFL last year on it. This year I'm coming to the race as a volunteer, and would be happy to bring it along.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is this guy at? He is wecome to my P3 for the race...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In '97 I was lucky enough to get a lottery spot to Kona. I had the best training of my life due to super high motivation and a very good scenario in my life. 3.5 weeks before the race I was hit by a car and my bike was totalled. I trained on a 59 cm frame and borrowed a 61 cm frame in the same model for Hawaii. Great friend to trust me with his bike.

I am racing IMF so I can't lend my bike to your friend, but good luck with finding a bike. I know how he feels.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Participant/Triathlete in Need..help! [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Tom and Chip, You guys are awesome. Let me talk to my friend today and see if he is interested. We're trying to work something out locally (central PA), which would be a lot easier for everyone involved... but, I'll get back to you.

Thanks again, Andy

Andy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where in central PA? I have a 57 cm Saber.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys are in Central Pa? There is actually life there? jk...

I'm in Philly, and my road bike used to be my Tri Bike...it's a 56 Kestrel Talon SL, and it's sitting in the basement at Cadence in Manayunk. If you want to drive over there, you can grab it and have them fit your friend to it (bring some aerobars) and it's all yours! You just have to wait until after next weekend, i'm using it for the Ride for the Roses (god forbid I use my tri bike!) down in Austin.

I'll be racing IMFL as well, so after the race we can just ship the bike back up to Cadence. Let me know if this option works for you guys....

also, the bike has Zipp 404's, so if he wants to use those, that's fine too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andy, my road bike is a 56cm Merckx Team SC. If he needs it, either via me bringing it along to the race or some sort of shipping, let me know and we'll work something out.

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Participant/Triathlete in Need..help! [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeremy lives a couple minutes west of Harrisburg.

E
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got an '04 Giant OCR 1 (ultegra) that I spec'd for tri (profile split second aero bars, thompson seatpost) size M that I can bring to Panama City if he needs it. May be on the small side, but I'd bet he could make it work. Let me know.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: DualFual: Oct 13, 05 9:16
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Participant/Triathlete in Need..help! [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa. "

I don't have much of an appetite.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you solve the problem yet?

Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Participant/Triathlete in Need..help! [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Everybody,

I think we solved the problem locally but just wanted to thank everyone for reaching out and all the well-wishes.

Thanks E-man!

Thanks again, Andy

Andy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another question: What did you mean by "pancaked?" Did the guy actualy get run OVER? If so, and he's still able to race, that's one lucky dude!
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Participant/Triathlete in Need..help! [TomH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL...no he didn't actually go under the vehicle. He got hit head on. Point of contact was the left front fender, where he used his face to cushion the blow....then he flew backwards about 8 feet. Apparently his bike did get mashed up under the front wheel well. Hopefully, I can get some pictures of the bike and will post them. The guy is doing fine and was lucky to come away with a cut to his face and some soreness.

Andy

Andy

Quote Reply