Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Amenorrhea supplements [_anna_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I've got my share of experience with this, no period since the age of 17 when I had some eating disorders (severe calorie restriction). Then I started sports and ate (much) more, but my period didn't return... Last year I even reduced the training and gained weight deliberately (up to 57kg on a 165cm frame), I ate lots of carbs and fat... This year I dropped the weight again cos I got frustrated with feeling "fat" and if it doesn't help anyway... why suffer...
Still, I think it's a serious issue, I'm worried but somehow I push it to the back of my mind...
Anyway, would be interesting to hear about any possible remedies (that don't involve birth control pills).

The non-bcp remedy is maintaining a healthy weight and eating enough. It sounds like you're still suffering from an eating disorder a bit?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Amenorrhea supplements [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
I've got my share of experience with this, no period since the age of 17 when I had some eating disorders (severe calorie restriction). Then I started sports and ate (much) more, but my period didn't return... Last year I even reduced the training and gained weight deliberately (up to 57kg on a 165cm frame), I ate lots of carbs and fat... This year I dropped the weight again cos I got frustrated with feeling "fat" and if it doesn't help anyway... why suffer...
Still, I think it's a serious issue, I'm worried but somehow I push it to the back of my mind...
Anyway, would be interesting to hear about any possible remedies (that don't involve birth control pills).

The non-bcp remedy is maintaining a healthy weight and eating enough. It sounds like you're still suffering from an eating disorder a bit?

Well I'm eating loads actually (but burning a lot too); my current weight is healthy I think (53-54kg) and, as I said, last year it was even higher with 57kg, which was my (futile) attempt to get my period back... Since even that didn't help, I kind of gave up... Maybe my body has "unlearnt" it forever after my former eating disorder...
Quote Reply

Prev Next