Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fenix3 vs 920XT [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a Fenix 3 but returned it last week, and have a 920xt on the way. Liked the watch, but the GPS accuracy was WAY off on twisty trails. After several comparisons with my 310xt and iphone, the Fenix 3 was 5-10% short on distance, and the track was a mess compared to the other devices. That is single track, shaded trails, so a challenging environment, but the 310xt, iphone, ( and etrex 30 on one of the days), all managed to track fairly accurately. ( those devices measuring 14.6/14.7 miles, the Fenix 3 12.5 miles)

I thought I would like the round watch face, and it does look nice, but I think the square face and bolder font of the 920xt is going to work better for me for workouts.
Last edited by: BooneDog: Jun 1, 15 11:08
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix3 vs 920XT [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone coming from Fenix 2 and moved to fenix 3 and stil prefer it over 920?

Fenix 2 was a big problem with just everything. GPS, bugs and inaccurate.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix3 vs 920XT [raflopez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have my Fenix set up with my wifi through Garmin Express... and I have it connected with my iPhone through the bluetooth and Garmin Mobile... but is there a way to have my fenix automatically upload my rides/runs after I finish a workout if I am near my iPhone..

I'm not refering to the live tracking feature.. just want an upload automatically with my phone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
I have my Fenix set up with my wifi through Garmin Express... and I have it connected with my iPhone through the bluetooth and Garmin Mobile... but is there a way to have my fenix automatically upload my rides/runs after I finish a workout if I am near my iPhone..

I'm not refering to the live tracking feature.. just want an upload automatically with my phone?

Which Fenix? I have Fenix 2 and it already does that
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix3 vs 920XT [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fenix 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Fenix 3

I have Fenix 2 and it syncs to my iPhone when I get close. What are you Bluetooth settings on Fenix set to?
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix3 vs 920XT [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine syncs to the iPhone too but I wasn't sure if it uploads the workouts to garmin connect. How do I set up the bluetooth settings?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Mine syncs to the iPhone too but I wasn't sure if it uploads the workouts to garmin connect. How do I set up the bluetooth settings?

If it syncs to your iPhone via Bluetooth already then the garmin connect app should automatically be uploading it to the garmin connect servers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
On your fenix 3 device go to settings. Choose bluetooth and select pair mobile device. After this open Garmin connect app in your phone and follow all on screen instructions. Check Garmin Fenix3 Manual for details.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix3 vs 920XT [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
I got the Fenix 3 because it looks more like a regular watch...it has all the same functionality of the 920XT.

Spot

technically the 920 has some functionalities that the F3 does! the F3 is far and above a superior watch than the 920 will ever be!!!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix3 vs 920XT [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
I waited for the Fenix 3, purchased it and loved the way it looked. Went through numerous software/firmware updates and the thing never worked right. Distance was off on the run, missed laps in the pool, would randomly shut off, battery life horrible, would get stuck in vibe for no apparent reason and never stop, HR field stopped being displayed half way through he race (still recorded, but I couldn't see my HR).

Check out Garmin forums....still issues with it today. Returned it and bought the 920. The 920 has been spectacular. If they ever get the bugs worked out of the Fenix, I may buy one down the road.

are you referring to the F1 or F3? when you just say fenix, most people that have AF2 & F3 assume immediately that you're speaking about the F1 FYI.

those watches must've been made on Friday, I've never had an issue with my F3! knock on wood! like any garmin apparatuses, firmware updates is part of the deal and if that's a problem to anyone then you might want reconsider your brand and at that point, who knows what you'll be getting!

Quote Reply
Re: Fenix3 vs 920XT [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
proftri wrote:
I'd reiterate one clearly distinguishing feature of the 920xt over the Fenix 3: the quick release. I didn't realize how much I'd miss it until I didn't have it for the Fenix 3. I suppose I'd put it this way:

If you want a *triathlon* watch, then I'd go for the 920xt. It has features, most notably the quick release, that are specifically designed for training for and racing in triathlons.

If you want other things in your watch, including a more office appropriate look (though, for what it's worth, my wife thought I looked like a rap mogul wearing the Fenix 3 given its size), then the Fenix 3 might be better for you, though I'd argue you lose something of real value in not having the quick release. If Garmin ever develops a quick release for the Fenix 3, then that might change things.

I did a sprint triathlon this past weekend, I was wearing my 920xt. The guy next to me in transition was wearing a Fenix 3. We both happened to be in T1 at the same time. While he was fumbling around trying to get his watch secured to his bike, I attached my watch in literally a second and was on my way.

F3 also hasa quick release, not sure what rock you've been living under but it is out there 22~25 bucks price range normally!

Quote Reply
Re: Fenix3 vs 920XT [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
F3 also hasa quick release, not sure what rock you've been living under but it is out there 22~25 bucks price range normally!

The post you quote was written on May 14, 2015, before Garmin released the QR for the Fenix 3. Apparently, people look at date stamps on posts under my rock. Any other insights you'd care to share?
Quote Reply

Prev Next