Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Question for Shawn/ASICS [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]why are paulo's shorts not orange?[/reply]

Can you imagine those huge basketball shorts in orange? D-A-M-N!!! It's better to cover up those chicken legs with black and leave it at that...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Shawn/ASICS [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shawn-

I am hoping that you can help me with a couple of Asics questions? I am looking for a good Kona shoe to race in and wonder what you would recommend for me? I am 6-2, 180 lbs. and train primarily in Kayanos and the Brooks Trance. For training I have been told I need a support shoe with cushioning and use custom orthotics to correct a mid grade pronation issue.

My previously IM marathon times are between 3:45-3:56.

I would love to find something lighter and with mesh since in Kona you end up “running wet” most of the time due to ice and water being poured over your head to keep cool. The Kayano’s tend to be too heavy especially after getting wet.

I have heard that the DS Trainer is a companion product to the Kayano and I am wondering if you think that the DS Trainer would work for me in this case?

Secondly, understanding that the Forster is an Australian shoe and that you are with Asics-America, I am wondering how you would compare the Forster to the DS trainer? I have heard they are similar, but would like to know what the real differences are. I do have a source for the Forster if that ends up being a good choice over the DS Trainer.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Shawn/ASICS [taos111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could try the DS-Trainers, it might be what you're looking for. If you're going to get new shoes, get them this week and start running in them. Do not go to Kona with new shoes, put some mileage on them before. As for the Forster vs DS-Racer, I think the midsoles are the same but the materials (upper and outsole) are slightly heavier. That's about all I can say because I have very little experience with the Forster. Good luck.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not blowing smoke up your ass but DAMN! I love them Kayanos. I got them cheap [someone bought in the wrong size God bless him] and have been injury free since I got them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aaah, ex-girlfriend now:( She's still my closest friend but I'm single once again.So if any one out there wants to pass on any hot chicks just let me know;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next