Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

de-lurking
Quote | Reply
Like many lurkers, I've been on the sidelines for quite a while, mutely absorbing the many informative or hilarious threads in this forum - even actually using the 'search posts' option; like many, I lamented, yet could understand the departure of Mr. Tibbs; like many I cringed as triathlete spelling explored new depths; likewise I appreciated the thoughtfulness and vision of Mr. Empfield's writing, and particularily regret the absence of Ms. Collavecchia's name from any recent article - she spoke for many of us, I think .
I'm prompted to come out of lurkitude by my imminent leadership of our local endurance sports club, and by another circumstance: A Scot stuck in the middle of Canada, with 5 olys, 2 half-IMs and half a dozen marathons under my belt, this August I found myself in a big tent ponying up megabucks for a piece of yellow paper, with the understanding that at the same time next year I would find myself (after an early morning dip) aesthetically slathered in industrial quantities of sunscreen, limping from my by-then-urea-encrusted Norco, across some pre-determined distance, then back again, then (having resumed, or even perfected the limp) taking some further stroll up and down the waterfront, whereupon, having passed beneath an inflatable megalith, I am borne by a pair of valkyries to a place where I can suck half an orange or the like. I'm sure I'm missing something out, but I have most of a year to remedy any deficit.
...which brings me to my first question: it's normal for IMC to take a very long time to process my credit card payment, right? I get the impression that there is only one or two people who have to process all 2130 entrants, and therein may lie the delay.

"I'm going to stick to my sardines" - Cassidy
"Others took their lemons and stood up and walked." - Kestrelkerri
"I will never know quite why I set out on the run. I guess because it was next." - Nachocheese
"No, just to people on the Forum. My athletes are the control group." - Paulo Sousa
" Actually, I am naturally an Asshole....not unlike the way you are naturally an idiot." IRONLOBO
Quote Reply
Re: de-lurking [john b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi....nice entry.....

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please post more.
Quote Reply
Re: de-lurking [justsometriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the welcome, guys. Hopefully I'll post just when I have something to say. I guss I'll just have to wait the credit card thing out.

"I will never know quite why I set out on the run. I guess because it was next." - Nachocheese
"No, just to people on the Forum. My athletes are the control group." - Paulo Sousa
" Actually, I am naturally an Asshole....not unlike the way you are naturally an idiot." IRONLOBO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this is a stupid questions, but who is Ms. Collavecchia?

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no need to hold back johnb...most of this is just empty, incoherent ramblings, but it is still kind of addictive.

Welcome sir. ;

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: de-lurking [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/beginner/alison.html
gets you the lovely personal touch of a female ironman athlete, who used to be on Mr. Empfield's payroll, unless I err. "Beginner's Luck" was her domain, and it was those new (or relatively new) to the sport of triathlon, who seemed most likely to benefit from her prose.

Last edited by: john b: Sep 22, 05 20:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, you need to come down to are levell and right like this... What's your credit card number again?

:-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: de-lurking [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's very damn hilarious! OK, ya got a pencil?

Quote Reply