Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Atomic Man Half - anyone do it?
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about jumping in the Atomic Man half ironman this weekend in Tennessee. Has anyone done it? It looks very small (less than 200 particiapants last year). Any comments (about the race) would be appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Atomic Man Half - anyone do it? [BeeHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Atomic man is in my backyard practically...at least my riding backyard. The bike course is fairly tough. Its two loops and each loop will have about 6 good TN size hills in it. None of these REQUIRE that you stand as long as you have proper gearing. I usually stand on a couple just to stretch out. None take more than 2 mins to climb. There is a ton of flat areas too though, so tri bike is the way to go if you have a choice. There will be one bottle exchange in the middle of each loop and one at the turn around to start the 2nd loop.

The only negative to this race is the run, while almost completely flat until the end, doesnt have much shade. It is going to be in the upper 80's on Sunday. However, racedayevents is putting I think 15 aid stations on the run course.

It will be a small race, but its a pretty course...not a PR course though.

Hope to see you there.
Quote Reply
Re: Atomic Man Half - anyone do it? [klorene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! - I think I'm in. Just trying to talk a couple friends into it also.
Quote Reply
Re: Atomic Man Half - anyone do it? [BeeHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet...should be a good race. Be prepared for a possible delay for the start as it has been real foggy in the mornings. Should be wetsuit legal as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Atomic Man Half - anyone do it? [klorene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn! I need to buy another wetsuit. Mine was stolen at the Gulf Coast Triathlon. I'm 90% sure I'll be there. Do they have race day registration? What do the medals look like (if any)?
Quote Reply