Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Litespeed changes for '06...why?
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has already been covered but after glancing at Litespeed’s offerings for 2006 I was struck by some of the changes. Was the return to standard head sets (for most of the road bikes) and the omission of carbon stays a decision based on marketing or engineering? Although I think both of these changes make sense, it seems to be a bit of change in course. Does anyone know if there were real problems with the integrated headsets or was this just a backlash? I would think if IHS make any sense, it is with a ti frame with a lifetime warranty. As for the carbon stays, I suspect they heard from enough customers that they were buying a Litespeed for the ti so get the carbon off the thing.

I bought a 05 Tuscany and liked the Siena but didn’t seriously consider it due to the cf stays. As for the IHS, if given a choice I would go with the standard but I am not too worried due to reasons cited above (ti head tube and lifetime warranty). Maybe Herbert can jump in here and address these changes.
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed changes for '06...why? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Was the return to standard head sets

Because a Chris King will out last the integrated trash, and also give you more options for your fork.

Quote:

omission of carbon stays a decision based on marketing or engineering

Marketing I bet has little to do with the fact that Litespeed and many others were having issues with Frankenbikes...Carbon rear ends offer almost no change in feel, and often add weight and a point of failure. If you think you can feel a carbon seat stay as opposed to a Litespeed curved Ti stay...you only feel it cause you think you should, not cause you do.

You are right that people wanted their Ti bikes to be Ti...Carbon on a Litespeed is like a P3C - carbon for the sake of carbon...and no real gain for it.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed changes for '06...why? [record10carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carbon on a Litespeed is like a P3C - carbon for the sake of carbon...and no real gain for it.[/reply]YES!!! As a devoted ABG Ti rider (TRI and road) I LOVE THIS LINE!!!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed changes for '06...why? [aus_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Mark you better be "devoted"...you got them for free from Herbert right (lucky bastard)? Actually I am an ABG guy as well with QR PicanTi and Tuscany road bike. BTW, I happen to notice your name pretty far up the list on the IMCDA swim split list...did you swim for U o T?
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed changes for '06...why? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think several models of Litespeed frames are substantial upgrades for '06. The Saber is very strong- it is a Blade for little guys like me now! The new Tuscany is a throw back to when it was one of my favorite road bikes but with some great changes to the tube shape and with a major graphic face lift. The new Compact Vortex is a strong offering too and will likely be quite a nice bike.

In general, I think the direction Litespeed went in from a design perspective this year is very strong- the strongest in years.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply