Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Special Needs
Quote | Reply
OKay. I am now volunteering at a bike special needs station for a full distance race. I was wondering if there is anything that I can have available to athletes to make the process easier? It's in the middle of no where, but already had the idea of "Naked Bike Special Needs" frowned upon.

What are some of your experiences with this portion of a race? Is there anything that some races do better than others? Some things that you see that just don't work?

Let me know. I really want things to move smoothly.

Jason

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Special Needs [mohole15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bags should have the racer's number clearly marked and then organized in such a way that it is easy for the volunteers to find a specific bag quickly.

I've never done this but I think it would be a good idea to have a spotter several hundred yards down the course in communication with someone at the special needs area and then the spotter can communicate with the person at special needs to let them know which racers are approaching. The person at special needs could have a bullhorn and when she/he gets the number of the approaching racer, yell it out so the volunteers can get the appropriate bag. I imagine this would be impossible for a large group approaching but could really help the leaders.

Chalk on the road in front of the lines of bags indicating which bags are in which lines.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'
Quote Reply