Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: what's the best half in the midwest [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Muncie Endurathon in Indiana (July I believe) [/reply]

I agree. (End of July actually). Bike course is flat as a pancake, straight (relatively few turns), smooth (nice roads) and fast. A real PR course.
Quote Reply
Re: what's the best half in the midwest [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like most would take Muncie over Racine. I may rethink Racine.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: what's the best half in the midwest [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sure as hell is not the Lake Geneva 1/2 on Sep 10th weekend. The course was totally mismeasured (the swim was .7 miles rather than 1.2 miles which is pretty outrageous), the line to register was 30 minutes long and there were spectators all over the finish and in the transition area while the race was still going.

The people at Chicago Tri Club like Racine, Steelhead and Muncie. People have noted about Muncie, though, that there is an unfriendly/overly competitive vibe among some of the participants which made first timers feel a little uncomfortable.

There is a Tinman 1/2 up in the Wisconsin dells in early June, I think, that wasn't on the calendar above. I don't know much about it.
Quote Reply
Re: what's the best half in the midwest [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My fastest 1/2 IM distance was at Muncie. I live in Floridia where there are a lot of flat, fast courses and I found Muncie to be even faster. I also had a great time and found it to be a well supported race. Definately worth doing despite Indiana's severe lack of scenery.
Quote Reply

Prev Next