Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aid station communicate with officials?
Quote | Reply
If the aid stations could ( which I think they do) communicate with race officials and said we are running out of this and that and whatever. why not send the truck to the gas station and supermarket or ask the guy at the house that your in front of to use his hose?

I'm sure at the football stadium had hose's or ice makers.

Just think how bad it would be if everyone that signed up for the race had been there?

Doesn't make sense why common sense doesn't take over at some point.
Quote Reply
Re: Aid station communicate with officials? [MattBerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt,
On Sunday I volunteered at the cross-plain station (the one with Santa and the elf!) so I can only speak for that station. Also, I was just a volunteer so I do not know how the "official" setup works.

We managed to not run out of a water. However, the station "manager" always managed to get new supplies in on time and was in touch with the race org.
We also sent some trucks to get ice and water. I am assuming all the supplies are in a central location. We also had some people bring supplies from a store near by.

As people started to lay down to get some rest, some sodas and pretzels appeared. Most likely they were coming from our own supplies since a lot of us were camping the night before. Apples, chocolate chip cookies, and chips became a big hit!

Again, I entirely agree with you, running out of water would not be good and we all wish we could have given the racers super cold water, just wanted to let you know what we did on our end given the situation.

The one thing that we did notice was that as racers were coming in, many of them still had full bottles on their bikes that they were tossing to get new ones.

Gregory
Quote Reply
Re: Aid station communicate with officials? [Trifroggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys were great at that station. And I know that the 12 guys that raced from my club really want to thankyou.

I think standing out there giving out water and such is harder than the actual race.

Thanks.
Quote Reply