Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

chlorine in my hair
Quote | Reply
What's the best solution to minimize chlorine build-up (other than a swim cap, preferrably)? Is there a good shampoo? My $2 bottle of Suave just doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Fancy that.
Quote Reply
Re: chlorine in my hair [afena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't offer any post-workout suggestions, but wet your hair in clean water before swimming. I was told that the effects of chlorine are worse on dry hair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wet your hair before you get in the pool. Hair is like a sponge. It can't soak up chlorionated water if its full of shower water.

"A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame and money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well." G.K. Chesterton
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I need help in this dept. too! My hair is getting fried. It is colored, too, so if I use a "stripping" shampoo, it strips out the color. The only reason it's colored is b/c the chlorine turns it a bad red color, so I have to color it back to its natural shade. It's like a vicious circle.

I already apply generous amounts of conditioner prior to swimming, but this doesn't seem to be helping enough...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
personally I don't find the swim cap makes a diff. I like "ultra swim" shampoo but its $$$. The conditioner really helps. Lately I've been using L'oreal kid's pool shampoo. Its in a funky blue & orange bottle but it works pretty good - and a lot cheaper - and, it doesn't burn your eyes :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra Swim Shampoo is awesome.

Also, consider wetting your hair and adding a tiny dab of same or it's companion condioner to your wet hair pre-swim. Be careful with this, however, because too much and your cap will slip off.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three. It's designed to remove impurities. Not sure if it's a salon-only purchase, but it's worth it.

Generally speaking, Suave and other inexpensive drug store shampoos are garbage and only add buildup to your hair.

http://www.paulmitchell.com/site/subpage.asp?section=2,8,26,42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Loreal Swim & Sport kids' shampoo. Smells good, is gentle on your hair and takes all the chlorine and chlorine smell out of your hair. And doesn't burn your eyes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shave your head
Quote Reply