Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is this drafting?
Quote | Reply
http://www.americanmarathon.com/...mp;products_id=33205

This guy followed me most of the way, didn't know he was that close, he passed me a couple of times, then I didn't see him. Maybe he liked my shorts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Is this drafting? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like he is at least two bike lengths behind. I say no drafting.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arguable, but I personally would not sit in his position. You are basically asking to be penalized for drafting.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Is this drafting? [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, I looked at that and thought, "man, he looks really close"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on the rules you are racing under it may or may not be drafting. If it's 3 bike lengths he may be ok. But in my view while perhaps within the rules, he would still be cheating by being so close for any sort of extended time. To say there is no material advantage to being that close is untrue.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Is this drafting? [Manko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very true, when you are tucked in, you can def feel the aero advantage of being 3 bike lengths back versus 4 or 5

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's always hard to tell from a static photo:

1. The telephoto effect from the lens always makes the following person appear closer

2. Was the guy in this postion for a long time, or was moving relative to you.

As to point # 2, I think that this is the biggest thing that marshalls are looking for in smaller groups or two riders - riders moving relative to others. As long as you are moving through the draft zone and are in and out in 15 seconds, according to the rules, you are not drafting.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply