Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I just got engaged!!!
Quote | Reply
I just got engaged over the weekend to my gf. I don't know how to post pictures, but if someone can, please pm me.

We flew some Houston to San Francisco to "visit my brother" and a friend from college. I took her on a tour to Alcatraz (where she joked I should have done it for the "ball and chain"). Next, we went to Angel Island and hiked to the top of it where we got a panoramic view of all of San Francisco, and luckily, it was a really clear day so you could see almost everywhere around the bay. At the top, I pretended to videotape the view and then sat down and left the camera running on my lap, so I could at least get the audio of the whole thing. I then gave her a speech about how great she was etc. (but longer and more romantic-hopefully), and then told her I had something in my backpack that I've been waiting to give her. Next, to confuse her, I pulled out a cardboard box about the size of a folder that had a calendar in it. The calendar started with August and a picture from the night we met on it. September was next, and it had my favorite picture of us with a caption-Will you marry me? I then got down on one knee and asked. Luckily, I got an immediate "yes," although it wasn't too much of a shock for her as she had picked out and designed the ring.

Now, just to plan the wedding for the end of July/early August...I never realized that arranging all of the wedding details is such a pain in the ass. Maybe we should just elope, jk. Oh well. I'll put up with all of it because of whom I'll get to marry at the end of all of the planning.
Quote Reply
Re: I just got engaged!!! [bde4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! Of course now you have to invite us all to the wedding, and the food had better be good...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congratulations!

speaking as one who got engaged last August and is getting married in 3 weeks, a couple of pointers...

1) don't sweat the small stuff (ie let her pick the florist, colours, and all that crap)

2) do what YOU want to do (and don't get pushed around by your families)

email or message me if you need anything, but otherwise, congrats!
Quote Reply
Pics of the couple!!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are the pics for Ben

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn you are smooth. Congrats. She is a beautiful lady.

Re: I just got engaged!!! [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful, congratulations.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats!!!

Man, you look young! Your bride to be is beautiful and looks excited too. We wish you two the very best, together.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: I just got engaged!!! [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, still pretty young. I just turned 24, and she just turned 29-I constantly joke about the age difference. She works for NASA, and I've got a year of med school left, but just started a PhD in Bioengineering as well before doing the last year of med school. It's funny because I'm younger, and will still be in school for awhile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats man!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! You have a great story!

My fiance and I got engaged in May in San Fran, too! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to GO Ben.
You guys make a nice couple.Good Luck.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good one...its amazing how creative us men are when we think/know (you canb all discuss) by getting married we're gonna get loads of sex!!!!! heh heh heh

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply