Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a fact, we work...very hard...specially after a very busy Sunday! :-))

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [Football Mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watched TV, tried to smile while watching the chaos and destruction. Got overhelmed again, turned off CNN, went to work, half the staff didn't show up, so I"m making the pizzas myself!!!

Then tomorrow, I'll fire the buttheads that didn't show up and I'll feel better.

Oh-all you IMers in training for the upcoming big races, good luck!! Can't wait until I enter my first IM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm engaged in doing my deductions for my 2004 taxes, so my accountant can stop filing extensions on my behalf. Quite fun and amusing.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [rnnrgrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am in Houston where I had to evacuate, sit around and watch on tv what is left of my city and my home, wait for sporadic phone calls from my freinds who made it out, try to figure out what the hell to do for a job and a future.
Rnnrgrl - I can not imagine being in your situation. Do you need anything, clothes, phone cards? Do you know of other ST'ers in similar situations?

Quote | Reply
did the 76th annual Oceanside Pier swim, which got delayed by 2 hours because of fog, couldn't see the end of the pier. Saw a couple of ST'ers out there, in addition to Michillie Jones and Jessi Stensland. Then big breakfast with about 7 others and a nap is in order in a couple of minutes. Tnen an 8 mile run and another open water swim tonight.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Packing for a short deployment starting tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one grilled chicken sandwiche, ten bottles of water, one subway sandwich turkey, 16 california rolls, four grilled fish tacos, three bowls oatmeal, crackers, 3 clif bars, 6 bottles cytomax, 2 boxes animal cookies, multiple gels

24 hours of sleep

and 14 hours of hard riding

what better way to waste a weekend!
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [Local Star] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yayyyyyyy not sarcastic, I was looking forward to a 100m ride, but little did I know how the constant head wind on the way back would be soooo draining...and then to top it off I went out for 60 mile ride again today....now I have my feet up and eating ice cream...LOL

www.ironm4n.blogspot.com

-----------------
http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
went for a 4 hour mtn bike ride, nice 4,000+ feet of climbing, at the exact farthest spot from where we started and at the bottom of a 1,500ft or so granny gear rutted granny gear climb I snapped off my derailler hanger and destroyed the derailler. Single speeding it wouldn't work so I pushed it... Calves are destroyed, just dropped $$$ at the bike shop on a new chain, cassette (bent a bunch of cogs), derailler (to hell with XTR, Im going XT), big chainring. need to track down a new hanger as well.

Then I walked down the street and got a shaved ice with ice cream (Hawaii treat) and now I'm about to ice my calves and eat something. It was such a beautiful ride too, a light sprinkle as we hit top, riding looking out over beautiful Makua Valley and the coast line on either side of our ridgeline for as far as you could see. A big ol' rainbow popped up and then the sun was blazing away. Damn derailler, damn damn derailler;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glyn and I went mtn biking...nice change of pace after training since january for an ironman/full aquabike. Only short intl races left so we are getting lazy.

Just watched some Dave Chapelle...love it. A bbq in about an hour. Just relaxing after travelling to 3 races in a month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hauling clothes out of the car and into the INlaws house and trying to help my wife wash dry and fold them all. Our roof is gone, our stuff is wet, all in all we only lost replacable things.We will be looking at house plans all week, so we can get started building a new one. But I feel so blessed to have a good job as does my wife. hopefully the insurance adjuster will show up later this week so we can get on with living. Getting the dsl running yesterday and being able to check out ST has been a quiet refuge a few time today to keep from thinking about the hell 40 miles south of here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I powerlifted this morning. Then, went into work(bike shop) and got my ass handed to me writing up service ticket after service ticket.

Just amazing how much labor and sales go on.... just when you think summer is winding down, people are getting silly with the credit cards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worked on my car for a bit...
packed my bike for EP camp...
did a lot of laundry...
lunch w/ the family...

I said goodbye to my grandmother today, too. She's been in the palliative ward of VGH for the past month or so (adv stages of what started out as breast cancer), and about two days ago decided to stop eating. I think she's decided it's time, but she quit talking too. I told her that I loved her, and that if she wanted to go, then to go quickly.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran 12 km at 8am.

Took the kids to a picnic.

Rode 105km into a headwind the whole way with a big grin cause I've just realised I'm already recovered from IMC and in the glide path to Kona.

Cleaned out the garden shed and then made dinner...BBQ pork chops, caesar salad and beans with a nice Okanagan white wine which I can feel now (cheap drunk).
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [grahamkissack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't believe you are already riding 100 k plus today, one week after Ironman. Congratulations again on Kona. By the way, keep your calendar open for Nov 10-12 as that's when we have our 20 year reunion. You should be able to win the most fit award in a landslide. Graham W. and I are organizing it. I sent you a PM.

Pain is temporary. Pride is forever.
Last edited by: SAMOK: Sep 5, 05 21:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flyfishing on the Skagit river, outside Hope BC.

Beautiful day for it.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just spent the last 5 days flyfishing the Yellowstone in Montana and camping with my 76/yr old father and a buddy in the motor home. Managed to sneak in a nice prime rib Montana dinner and a dip at Chico hot springs. It's been almost 5yrs since dad and I have had a fishing trip together and it has been missed. Not to bring a downer but I had to tie his flies on for him. Kind of made me feel good that I could be there for him to make a small dent in all the things that he has done for me.
Anyways long drives back to Idaho but lots of fish, great river floating every day, and the views were awesome.
Continue on with training stories,

tik
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sedi--How was your race????

I had a 4-day weekend!
Fri: swim/ride 3 hours
Sat: ride 100 miles/run 35 min
Sun: run 70 min, watch bike race
Mon: ride hard 2.5 hours up in the sun/heat of Sacramento, run 30 min, jump in pool at friend's house, drink wine, BBQ dinner, drive home

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spent the day making a difference

thats me with the #29 on the helmet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, very cool....brief it up...what was the rescue all about?

Spot

Quote | Reply
excess speed, twisty mt road, hit a tree, we sent one by air [serious injuries] and one by ground [moderate injuries] to the hospital

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sedi is Flying ;-)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Combat Patrol into Ad Dujayl to check on insurgent activity and interact with population there. Move to Iraqi Army compound and work with 4th IA Battalion on an upcoming operation; return to our FOB and prepare for evening briefing--once back at our bunker tonight and things cool off a bit I hope to run around our swampy compound and get a few miles in.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Labor Day....what are you doing? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was very good!!

I managed to finish in 15th, after a very balanced race. As usual I got out of the water a bit late (97th), but after it everything went very smooth, 19th split on the bike and 9th on the run. :-)

We have got to post some pictures, I'll ask Krep if he can do it. ;-)
Just a comment on Sergio's race (in case you haven't seen his report), he had some bad luck on the bike, when we was getting to the front of the race he got a flat. Anyhow he comeback to take the best run split by almost a minute and still managed to finish in 5th! ;-)

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply

Prev Next