Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for CT Owners: Ergo Mode and Coaching Software
Quote | Reply
Just picked up my first CT, and I'm a bit of a retard. I often hear you guys talking about the biggest benefit of the CT being the ability to set up interval workouts through the coaching software that focus on wattage (for example, 10 mins at 200, 3*5 mins at 250 with 3 mins recovery at 150 after each work interval). But how do you do it? Can someone walk me through the appropiate menu in the coaching software? All I see is the Options/Manual Ergo Mode menue choice, which just allows you to put in Initial Watts and Step. Thanks for any help you can offer!
Quote Reply
Re: Question for CT Owners: Ergo Mode and Coaching Software [Silky Johnston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't know about the coaching software but for wattage-based workouts just don't attach the wire to your pc. you can control wattage with the - + keys on the handlebar-mounted ct computer - that's what ergo mode is. so you can set it to 200w and ride for 5 minutes and then use the - key to put the wattage back down to 150 for 2' or whatever. does that make sense?

don't forget to warmup and calibrate the ct before every ride. that's key.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for CT Owners: Ergo Mode and Coaching Software [Silky Johnston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with Herschel. The ergo function and the coaching software are largely used at different times. When I ride in ergo mode, my CT is not hooked up to my computer. I get the worksets from my coach (or you can get them from your software), then I do the workout, then I enter results in my spreadsheet.

"it's ergo-mania here in NJ"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have to create the Ergo file manually or use another software (Erg+) to do it.

Easiest way is to open one of the sample erg files in notepad and edit it to get what you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for CT Owners: Ergo Mode and Coaching Software [mises] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're talking about creating a course - that's not ergo mode from what i understand. and you can't set up a course using wattage (unless you have additional software) only varying grades and times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my CT with the coaching s/w in manual ergo mode. I like to have the display going with all the data to keep my mind off the pain.

So, by using manual ergo, I changed the default so when I hit start on the key part, it starts at 150 watts for my warmup. After 5 minutes, I manually hit the + key on the keypad and kick it up. After 20 minutes, I hit the keypad to put it back to 150 watts for the cool down. Techincally do not need the computer but again, I like to have something to watch.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look in the CompCS/Erg Files directory to see some sample erg files. Read the manual on how these are setup. They are kind of a pain, so something like ERG+ can be very helpful. Once you have an erg file, or to try one of the sample files. Start the Coaching Software and then goto Start - Charts, and select the erg file you want. Press start on the handlebar controller and you are off and running.
Quote Reply