Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help - quickie saddle sore fix?
Quote | Reply
Just developed a saddle sore on my crotch that is very noticeable. Either an ingrown hair or a pimple sort of thing. I'm doing a tri in Ottawa on Saturday. Fortunately it's just the sprint with a 30 km bike, but it's still going to hurt. It feels way worse on the tri bike than the road bike, so it looks like I'm taking the road bike.

Anyone have any suggestions or quick fix remedies for these things?
Quote Reply
Re: Help - quickie saddle sore fix? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Squeeze and make sure no one is around.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just deal with the pain.... it will typically go numb after a while anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
clean and clear zit cream. works a charm

k
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally have never tried this but, in the newsletter of the local tri club they recomend hemmoroid medication. It is supposed to significantly reduce any swelling. Just do not get it on your unit ;-), the cold water will be enuff "shrinkage" w/o the additional shrinkage of hemmoroid meds.

Good luck at the sprint!

Peace,

RF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use the baby diaper rash creme. I tried this a few times in 96 when my son was just born. I figured if it worked on the warm moist smelley environment of a wet diaper (sorry for the graphic depiction), it could do the same on the bike under a less hostile environment :-). I was right. Its always worked wonders.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a quick solution: Get some mole skin and cut off a piece large enough to cover the area with about a cm overlap all around the sore. Cut out the center like a doughnut. Make sure the area adhereing to your skin is not involved in the inflammation. Cover the infected part with Neosporin or triple antibiotic cream available at the local pharmacy over the counter. The raised area around the pimple will be partially protected by the moleskin and the cream will hasten the healing. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it's an ingrown hair yank it out. Otherwise a mixture of zit creme and antibiotic ointment works well.
Quote Reply