Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT: Boulder: Cost of Living?
Quote | Reply
Hello,

What is the cost of living in Boulder? Ideally, in comparison to the Washington, DC area but any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Alex

---
First with the head, then with the heart. -- HG
Last edited by: lxrchtt: Sep 1, 05 21:06
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Boulder: Cost of Living? [lxrchtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I grew up in D.C. and I live in Boulder now. I would say that the cost of purchasing a house is more expensive in D.C. (depending on the area of course), but that for the most part other things seem about the same. If you can afford D.C. then Boulder wouldn't be a problem.

Geoffrey Nenninger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a good calculator with good details.

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/Default.aspx

It says overall Boulder is 85% as expensive as D.C., but housing might actually be more in Boulder.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boulder is expensive. But there, you don't pay for the house. You pay for the convenience of having some of the best climbing/biking/skiing/hotties in the entire world all within an hour's drive. Plus there is the best restaurant in the entire world (Lucille's Creole Cafe) in Boulder. Mmmm.. Bengiets (poor spelling).

GO BUFFS!

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colorado Springs is tri heaven
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently relocated from Carlsbad to Superior; 5 miles south of Boulder. The training is awesome and there is plenty of local food, shops etc without living in Boulder city limits. We paid about $200,000 lower than a similar age and sq. ft house would cost within Boulder city limits.

Look around the towns of Superior, Louisville, Lyons, Longmont and Lafayette. All are close enough to Boulder for the logistics of training and networking for athletics.

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply