Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman race with rolling start - when to get in? [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We started giving athletes with a swim time of 2:20 or more a DNF a few races back. We have let them continue the race but they are not official finishers. Stay tuned for info on 2015 cutoffs and how they will be addressed next year.

For Chattanooga, I don't think many folks are worried about the 2:20 swim cutoff though. So that isn't the issue. The issue is the 6:00pm bike cutoff and the midnight run cutoff. Chattanooga is unique with the 7:40 age group start.

Thanks for letting me know about the FAQ page. As soon as we finalize a few more details I will update that.
Last edited by: endurathonrd: Aug 12, 14 14:18
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman race with rolling start - when to get in? [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At IMLT with the rolling start, I got in towards the front, and stayed as far right as I could. Since I could not see much with the mist, I kept going towards my left
and getting killed.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman race with rolling start - when to get in? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
At IMLT with the rolling start, I got in towards the front, and stayed as far right as I could. Since I could not see much with the mist, I kept going towards my left
and getting killed.

That is what concerns me about the slower swimmers crowding to the front. They are going to freak when the people swimming 10-20-30-40 minutes faster come around, over, under them. It could be a very bad experience. I am a decent swimmer and I have been hammered lining up a little to far forward. I just don't think a lot of these people realize what they are in for.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman race with rolling start - when to get in? [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
and getting killed.

That is what concerns me about the slower swimmers crowding to the front. They are going to freak when the people swimming 10-20-30-40 minutes faster come around, over, under them. It could be a very bad experience. I am a decent swimmer and I have been hammered lining up a little to far forward. I just don't think a lot of these people realize what they are in for.

Since everyone got into the water in less than 20 minutes, it still is pretty close to a mass start.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman race with rolling start - when to get in? [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any updates for 2017? Is this still first-come-first serve, or self seeded start?
Quote Reply

Prev Next