Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think?
Quote | Reply
Bike is too small for me - but the seller has listed it poorly in my opinion - this may be a steal if it is genuine

http://cgi.ebay.com/...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure that it will sell for at least $2500, if you can steal it for less then good for you!

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave

If it was a larger size - I'd be bidding

I think it will get up there - but with the wheels - and bar set up - it is a low price now.
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always get very suspicious when people put bikes like this on ebay on short auctions, also why keep the high bidder ID secret??

Hope someone doesn't get ripped off

Trizilla...My local bike shop a few thousand Ks away

Speed Hurts ...How fast do you want to go
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [nimbleblade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exactly - part of the reason I put it up here
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, it has a lot of hallmarks of a scam. Cash or check, no location, no shipping insurance, short auction, high dollor item with no reserve, brand new, also no way is the weight under UCI regs.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Issac Joule, the Kalibers sister bike. Its very nice but I think the Kaliber is a little nicer.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just asked the seller to post a picture of his receipt. We'll see what happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's another disturbing tidbit. Go to sellers feedback. Lots of positive feedback. Click on an item in the feedback. Look at sellers name. Different seller. Click on items for sale, no items for sale, not even a certain high dollar bike.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [nimbleblade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does seem suspicious, though the "seller" has been on there a while with relatively recent activity (July '05)---anybody sent him an email yet?
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look closer, its not feedback for that seller.
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one is a tricky one. The seller of the bike must be a female since items on feedback are female clothes bought by this seller (mostly except for the NASCAR hat). And since the bike is a small frameset, kind of fits the profile.

Still...I'd be cautious.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Last edited by: cvillatri: Aug 30, 05 14:55
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, he's just BOUGHT a lot of little crap to raise his score, in anticipation of this Big Score!

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [tri-3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one item listed as sold accepted paypal and listed a city, why not now.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 3% fee for say a $2500 bike will be much more than the 3% fee for some clothes. I have collected payments for tons of golf clubs, bikes, and a tanning bed and the 3% killed me! That could be one reason but I would still insist on paypal and pay his or her fees if I were to buy it. Not too much one can do if they send a money order for payment.

"These aren't Love Handles, I just have Big Kidneys!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Look closer, its not feedback for that seller.[/reply]

Uhmm, you need to look closer thier feedback is mostly as a buyer, so ya the seller is someone different.

this looks like only the 2nd thing they have sold.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has scam written all over it

"The whole bike is brand new I have proof of purchase for all."

Proof of purchase? Why would she put that in there if the sale is legit? This sentence was written by someone that doesn't speak english as their first language,

"It weighs just on 6kg, it is actually under the legal uci minimum weight regs!!!!! You'll just have to put a slight heavier set of pedals on it if your racing tt, if your racing triathlon then you've got one of the lightest and aero bikes avaliable."

A 6 Kg bike? that's 13.22lbs, about 2.5lbs under the limit isn't it? Those would have to be some serious pedals to get it up to the limit.

She has titanium squewers? How about skewers.

city? state? cashier's check or money order -> I don't think so

I did the shipping calculator and it said $9.14 -> That's a great shipping rate.

SCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAM
Last edited by: jaretj: Aug 31, 05 3:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scam!

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find it interesting to note that when using the auctions shipping calulator to determine how much to ship to my doorstep, it returns - Shipping & Handling: $7.14

No way that is reality as I paid $28.00 for UPS to deliver ground ship a frameset from the West Coast to the LBS last month!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probablty the same seller that was selling Colnago c-40's a few years ago. For $2100 you were allowed ro pick any group set and virtually any wheelset you wanted. I selected capmy record with bora wheels. Would have been a good deal if was not a scam!
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone missing a new bike? I wonder where it was lifted from??? I feel bad for the person who lost it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I emailed the guy & received a response: $50 for shipping. However when I offered to p/u & pay cash, haven't heard back since. His email is markscomics@hotmaill.com Claims to live in Katy TX.

Most likely a scam based on the lack of similar sales & small $$ purchases.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only sale on record from the seller was in NY.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I emailed the guy & received a response: $50 for shipping. However when I offered to p/u & pay cash, haven't heard back since. His email is markscomics@hotmaill.com Claims to live in Katy TX.

Most likely a scam based on the lack of similar sales & small $$ purchases.
How ironic - I live near Katy also. Now I have seen a guy in his late 40's, early 50's riding a Kuota on some of the local rides of late, but I am pretty sure that bike is a larger size and definitely not equipped with those aerobars. So if you want to be sure, e-mail him back and tell him you think you might have seen him out riding. Ask him if he has done any of the recent, Wednesday night training rides at Memorial Park over the last 2-months. Heres a hint, Wednesday nights at Memorial park are when the weekly training crit series has been held since June so for practical purposed the park is closed except to those in the race between 5:00 pm and 8:30 pm but tonight is the last race in this years series.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: ebay item - Kuota Kailbur, Zipp 808's oval concepts - low price - what do you think? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting to note that the auction completed with a winning bid of more than ~$2700 but pulling it up now gets you the "This listing (7179329770) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly." Ebay message! Looks like everyone was correct and it was a scam.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply