Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me buy new tires too!
Quote | Reply
My LBS is recommending that I go with 19mm TUFO's for my Zipp 909 wheelset to be used for IMmoo. I thought that was a good recommendation until I read the advice which Marisol received. Is this too narrow a tire for me?

Thanks for your opinion!
Quote Reply
Re: Help me buy new tires too! [mike419] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think 19 is the only option for the Tufo. I've been running the Jet Specials. They're good to go.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran a 19mm tufo S3lite on the front and 23mm on the back with my 909s. It road fine, a little bumpy but definetely fast. I've since switched to 23 HICC Lites over the S3s as the carbon compound in the HICCs seems to grip a lot better than the S3s and a couple races where I live are pretty twisty with some high speed and worse low speed corners. The 19mm corners hard but the S3 compound is more of a TT straight line low rolling resistance compound. I had it slide out on me a few too many times. For most races though the S3 shoul dbe awesome, make sure to toss in some sealant, saved one of my races. But still take a spare as I got a 1/2" gash at a race earlier this year and no sealant was going to fix that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, seriously, do a search on Tufo tires. It will be very enlightening.

As for me, I am running 21mm Vittoria's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this is about finishing and not setting a record, I'd strongly consider 23 front and back, at least the back for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on much like you like to gamble...

I'm 170 and ride Conti Comp 22mm after using Tufo S3 Lites (21mm) on my 909 set. It's hard to pass up the deal in biketiresdirect.com right now.

I think the S3 Lite is a great tire...providing you don't skid on it...not much rubber. Never had a flat in 3 years of using them w/o sealant.
Quote Reply