Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need a new trainer.Suggestions anyone?
Quote | Reply
Have an elite but not really happy with it. Cyclops, Minoura,Blackburn,Spinervals?
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new trainer.Suggestions anyone? [igadave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like my Cyclops Fluid 2 trainer. WIfe likes it too because it is quiet for those early AM and late-nite sessions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my computrainer.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new trainer.Suggestions anyone? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kurt Kinetic.

I feel it is just as good (maybe better) than a computrainer for something like a third of the cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last time I checked, the Spinervals is the Kurt Kinetic, just with different graphics. Best trainer I've ever used, and awesome support. I've also heard very good things about the 1-Up.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new trainer.Suggestions anyone? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Last time I checked, the Spinervals is the Kurt Kinetic, just with different graphics. Best trainer I've ever used, and awesome support. I've also heard very good things about the 1-Up.

Not quite, the real difference is the spinervals has a lighter fly wheel (4.5lbs instead of 6.25).

-jamie
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new trainer.Suggestions anyone? [mindtrip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm - when I bought mine, you could get the heavier flywheel. That was a long time ago however, so they might have changed that. The lighter flywheel "slips" less during hard accelerations, so for Spinervals it might make more sense. I have the heavy flywheel and love it. No way to eliminate the bit of wheelslip when I stand up and hammer though.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you looking for in terms of cost and features?

The Cateye Cyclosimulator is the best in terms of real road feel, but it is exceptionally loud (wind trainer).

The Kurt Kinetic customized version available from whttp://www.analyticalcycling.com (they claim this is the only place where you can get this trainer), is probably a good choice, but a bit more than other similar trainers.

After those two, I'd pick Cycleops Fluid^2 or the non-customized Kurt Kinetic. Either or.

I'm still looking for a quiet trainer that has 1/2 the quality road feel of the Cateye . . . but I've not ponied up for the custom Kurt, so I don't know how great that is.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kurt Kinetic is the king! Super smooth... Plus the nice heavy (6lb.) flywheel if you get the "road machine" version makes it very steady...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply