Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chicago Waves
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if there is a schedule posted online of when waves are going off for Chicago? I just can't wait for Saturday to find out.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Waves [Chest Rockwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont know since I havent looked at the site in awhile. The pros and then the age group elites go in the first waves...so close yet so far for this wave. Would be worth it I am sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Waves [rambo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Screw the pros and elites! I just want to know if I'm going to be sitting around for five hours before getting in the water. That happened last year and it suck-diddily-ucked!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same thing happened to me but I found a way around it-- don't sign up for the race. So far, it's working.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Waves [Chunky Lover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once the race begins it's all gravy, but until then I've had more fun at funerals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe you are just before the wave of web footed midgets. Watch out for them. They can be quite violent when they swim over you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do the sprint instead and your wait won't be as long. Besides, you can get to the beer tent when it opens.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Waves [Monster Trunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn midgets and their webbed appendages! It's okay because I'll pass them on their tiny bicycles later.

I've done the sprint, but I wanted the "challenge" of a wicked-flat course. It's like riding a bike on Kate Moss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! I am looking forward to the flat course as well. I don't think we can find out our wave starts until Saturday though. Any word on what the water temp is right now?
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Waves [greydog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waves won't be announced until Friday - the first day of packet pick up. Its a big secret until then!!

I think I saw something stating the water temp was around 63 degrees - bring your speedos!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The water is really nice, probably in the low-to-mid 70s. It was nice last week when I took a dip. Been cooler the last several days so it may have dropped a little bit.

I'm planning on cruising over tonight to make sure my dogpaddle is up to snuff. I'll report a temp, or at least a decent guess, when I return home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reported water temp was 71 degrees this morning.

I love the Chicago race. I am looking forward to it.

It's

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
water temps: http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/...swim_report.home.cfm

I've been swimming with no wetsuit since July 4 at Ohio Street Beach. The water has been warm and nice.

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Waves [igobackwards] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks! That's a little warmer than last year, but it may go down a bit too. Yep, I'm looking forward to the weekend too, I always love going to Chicago even though the race is a bit crazy with so many people.

I'll say hey if I happen to see you (the guy with the big goofy grin right?) ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes... I look just like this--> :) (but a little goofier)

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply