Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cyclist Killed in San Diego [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was packed up to ride torrey pines / del mar and north , when that news report came on . I just unpacked the bike ,did some yard work / short local ride. I bet it was someone on a cellphone & driving .

That whole area , mixing bikes and freeway traffic is just bad. I was hit once as a kid, all I can say it was quick ,like a golf ball hit off a tee. I was lucky and look up at a circle of faces looking down.

I use to ride 52 ( 3-4 lane 75 mph + ) east from 15 or santo road . I think some people slide over to see if they can " wind gust " you off the road . while your watching for bottles / chrome trim in my path.
Last edited by: Helitech: Aug 28, 05 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist Killed in San Diego [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Always sad, I am very surprised he was not wearing a helmet as he could not ride onto Miramar without one, I suspect his helmet was ejected into the brush
He was wearing a helmet....which was reduced to powder. You need to look at the pictures and have more accurate info before putting out incorrect info that will put doubt into peoples head as to who was at fault.

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist Killed in San Diego [Helitech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see people riding that stretch of the 52 all the time. And I think...."holy crap, what is that guy/girl thinking". I'll do repeats on the Torrey Pines hill anyday!

-bcreager
Quote Reply

Prev Next