Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2001 TCR Zero Fork Rake? Help
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what the fork rake is for a 2001 TCR Zero. The fork is done and I want to get a new fork to replace it but can not find any information in regards to the fork rake.
Quote Reply
Re: 2001 TCR Zero Fork Rake? Help [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could call Giant on their 800 number for that spec. I think it is 43 but I am not certain so please double check that.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to Giant's product literature, in 2001 the fork rake for the Giant TCR 0 fork was 50mm for a small, 45mm for medium, and 40mm for size large framset (http://www.giantbicycles.com/...ry&modelid=10371)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll confirm that it was 45mm on the medium frame.

BTW, don't mess with fork rake. I put a 43mm fork on my OCLV/steel Lemond frame which uses a 45mm. It completely changed the handling characteristics. I've since replaced with a 45mm.
Quote Reply
Re: 2001 TCR Zero Fork Rake? Help [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the why I was asking so that I get the exact same rake as I do not want to screw with the handling.

So what did happen when you switched out to a 43 rake?

While on the subject of fork rakes. I will be changing my fork on my Cervelo Dual and could not find the fork rake on this bike either. I am not doing great with my searches today. Any idea. Probably going to go for a Easton EC90 Aero fork. Any thoughts.
Last edited by: Bman: Aug 23, 05 11:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"So what did happen when you switched out to a 43 rake? "

I bought the Lemond frame/fork on ebay and switched all the components from my aluminium Giant TCR. I loved the TCR and was looking for a carbon TCR frame when the carbon/steel Lemond frame turned up at a great price.

I sold the stock 45mm Bontrager Carbon Race fork and replaced with a 43mm Reynolds Ouzo Pro. The fork difference made the handling of the bike less precise and it seemed to do what I woud call "oversteer" if you use an automotive anology. Switched to a 45mm Reynolds fork and the more precise handling was restored.

I asked about this on the forum before getting the 43mm fork and several people advised me against it. I should have listened.
Quote Reply