Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Poll: Should ST personalities make big decisions without consulting the Forum?
Quote | Reply
I mean, is it fair for Tom to decide to get married without asking US?

Francois move back to France?

Record10Carbon switch all his bikes to Shimano?

What say you?

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Should ST personalities make big decisions without consulting the Forum? [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They may but it is clearly unwise. The greatest minds of the century reside here and it is foolish not to take full advantage of their generous advice solicited or not.

Triathlon advice should be ignored however.

Pat
Last edited by: Trillini: Aug 22, 05 3:05
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Should ST personalities make big decisions without consulting the Forum? [Trillini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat speaks the truth!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Should ST personalities make big decisions without consulting the Forum? [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Folks should run all their decisions by me and the other NZ twitchers.

Why, you ask? Because, coming from such a small, pristine country gives us a unique perspective on the world and its issues. We are also completely impartial and not likely to get into the inter nations pissing contest that a lot of you folks do (alright, maybe it's just Francois vs the yanks, but you get the picture.)

Also, because we are hard up against the date line, we can solve your problems by the of the next day for the rest of you.

So, are those compelling reasons or what??

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, Actually, I did consult the tribunal and actually had a phone conversation with Dan about this matter quite some time ago.

Seriously: Since the people on this forum are my friends- both those I've met and see regularly and those I've never met but speak with regularly on the forum- their input did play a role in my decision.

So, thank you for all the good thoughts and advice...!

I think record10carbon should have stuck with Campag though.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what?! tell me record didn't go ShimaNO!!
Last edited by: kittycat: Aug 22, 05 5:04
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Should ST personalities make big decisions without consulting the Forum? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to clarify, NONE of those things I mentioned are true, I've made them up in order to give an example :-)

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great scotts! thank God!!
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Should ST personalities make big decisions without consulting the Forum? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, wait, wait.... I'm guessing Tom getting married is true... I think! :-)

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" I mean, is it fair for Tom to decide to get married without asking US?"

You may have noticed in Tom's proposal thread, that I inquired whether Gerard had given advance approval for Tom to marry. A giving away of the groom, as it were.

That was not answered, so I can only surmise that Tom (or maybe Sarah) did, in fact, seek Gerard's permission, but was embarrassed to admit it. So at least one ST'er was asked.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Should ST personalities make big decisions without consulting the Forum? [Big Duke Six] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think Dan must have us idiots calling him fequently for grown up advice. not that i have or anything.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your seat is too high
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Should ST personalities make big decisions without consulting the Forum? [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know, but it works for me.

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like my brother to marry Vanessa Fernandes so that she becomes swiss in time for Worlds next year in Lausanne.

Do you agree ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just as much as we accept sarcastic coaching advice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Should ST personalities make big decisions without consulting the Forum? [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why, Magali is not fast enough for you? She is BACK!

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's fast enough for me, definitely. Not to beat the new "Prima donna" of world short course.

Vanessa was flying on the run, and it looked so easy. Not that the bike course was really hard before !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This clearly, has to be an ST, landmark post. It does seem rare that folks do make big decisions without consulting the board.

I'm trying to decide if it's more satire or outright truth.

Well done.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply