Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Wis -- volume of gatorade EF bottle on bike course?
Quote | Reply
hi there,

any who did IMCdA, LP, IMC (hope it went well)---
can you share what is the volume of the Gatorade endurance formula bottle that they hand out at the bike aid stations?
28oz? one bottle almost fill the entire profile design aerobottle (32oz)?

I assume it's "sports top" and I can open them with mouth and one hand? I just wanted to plan for how many bottles, how often, how much to start with, and how many cages to have, etc?

thanks
-lewis
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wis -- volume of gatorade EF bottle on bike course? [lshi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At CDA this year they had, I believe, 28 oz sport bottles. They did have sport tops so all you had to do was twist the top of the bottle with your teeth to get the flow started. Easy as that! Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wis -- volume of gatorade EF bottle on bike course? [lshi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes- It is the 28 oz. Edge bottle with a sports top that you find in most C stores.

But you can not purchase the Endurance Gatorade in edge bottles as it only comes in the bottle for Ironman events. Lemon-Lime.

The edge bottle has two seals - a plastic cover over the sport top and a seals under the top that covers the top of the bottle.

Volunteers are instructed to take both seals off before handing you the bottle.

We also try to have the bottles in ice and cold before volunteers hand them out. We are getting better at this, but in some cases you might get a bottle that has been sitting on the table for a while.

We hand out these edge bottles at the Gatorade morning swims on the days before each Ironman. You might want to place a bottle in your cage to see how it fits. I most cases you must "bend" the cage in a bit to make if snug.

Hope this helps. I'll be in Wisconsin, so stop by and see me at the morning swims or at the Gatorade booth in the expo. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
from original poster...

thanks for all the information!

tomziebart -- just the bottles are being handed out? or bottles with liquid in them? I assume it's the latter. thanks!

take care
-lewis
Last edited by: lshi: Aug 20, 05 17:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The volunteers are fantastic! But for the record the Gatorade at IMOO 2004 was warm as in room temp. I don't know what acan be done differently but just so you know going in.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wis -- volume of gatorade EF bottle on bike course? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being from Australia I don't think I have come across the version of Gatorade that is used in Kona (and presumably the other North American IMs). Does anyone have any info on its nutritional make up?

Thanks

Vernon
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wis -- volume of gatorade EF bottle on bike course? [Vernon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go to www.gatorade.com; go to endurance formula and then nutrition fact:

Gatorade Endurance formula
(in parentheses are the original formula content)

8oz serving (236ml)

carbo 14g-6% (same)
sodium 200mg (110)
Chloride 90mg (90)
Potassium 90mg (30)
calcium 6mg (-)
magnesium 3mg (-)
osmolality 295mOsm/kg (320-380)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wis -- volume of gatorade EF bottle on bike course? [Vernon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I don't know anything about High5... the drink for IMWA. If you mail me a case (to Canada) I'll mail you a case of Gatorade Endurance ;-) (or if you're in WA, I can send it home with family in a month or so).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes- the Edge bottle will have Gatorade Endurance in them on the bike course. We will try to have them nice and cold! Z
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wis -- volume of gatorade EF bottle on bike course? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, my question meant to ask about the bottles you mentioned being passed out at the gatorade swim;

are they sample empty bottles or are they exactly bottles of gatorade?

if empty bottles, then can I buy them somewhere during Fri or Saturday? just wanted to make sure I've something to start with, in cage and in aerobottle;

thanks;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes- The Gatorade Edge bottles we give out at the morning swims will have product in them - Endurance. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the edge bottles are same as previous ironman races with regular gatorade then they are 24 oz not
28 oz 3 servings 50 cal a serving 150 total per bottle unless they are making bigger bottles now.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wis -- volume of gatorade EF bottle on bike course? [gholmes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry - you are correct - the edge bottle is 24 oz. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is just what I was going to ask about! I bought some edge bottles of regular gatorade (can't get them with endurance here). The label says 24 oz, the nutrition facts say three 8oz servings, etc, etc. But there are definitely more than 24oz in those bottles. I can pour the whole thing into one of my 28oz water bottles, or I can exactly fill four fuelbelt bottles (7oz each). What's the deal? Are they all mislabeled? Trust me, I checked, they all say 24oz. It's been this way on each of the bottles in two different 4-packs I've bought. These are the bottles I've seen refered to as Edge bottles in the past, but they don't seems to say edge anywhere on them (store receipt says edge). Very odd.

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply