Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So what does everyone think of the 2006 QR Caliente? (pic included) [teege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Can you train on those wheels just as other wheels?[/reply]

I personally use my Real Design Ultrasonic 60 wheels mostly when I race, but use them here and there when I train. They could certainly be used in training more regularly, but that also then means to spend a bit more time with maintenance. I like to keep my race wheels in perfect shape and that includes tires too, that is why I train on regular box section wheels. Plus I really like the psychological boost when I switch to the race wheels the day before the race.

Herbert
Quote Reply
Re: So what does everyone think of the 2006 QR Caliente? (pic included) [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no me gusta

-zakk

Death Squad Cycling Club
http://www.ridethedeath.com

"Why is that people will drop $2000 on race wheels and a few c-notes for an ugly tattoo and then balk at the race fee?" - Blackie
Quote Reply
Re: So what does everyone think of the 2006 QR Caliente? (pic included) [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The paint is awesome. This shold become the unofficial bike of all Georgia Tech triathletes (what's the good word!?). The stickers are a little... hmmm... BOLD.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry, but that's just ugly (and I like yellow and black bikes). It's just too busy, and the colour scheme doesn't flow.

mp
Quote Reply
Re: So what does everyone think of the 2006 QR Caliente? (pic included) [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what's the good word!?
To Hell With Georgia
Quote Reply
Re: So what does everyone think of the 2006 QR Caliente? (pic included) [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, yes for all the ST bike gods, I'm bike illiterate - what's the big difference between this and the Lucero? I like the black and yellow. Bumblebees are cool!

Thanks,

Cam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Herbert...

I just hopped over to the site and noticed you're hiking the Kilo from $1495 up to $1899 ...

Are you moving out of the $1500 price point, or bringing in something new down there??

Don't get me wrong, they're all nice bikes (I like the new Kilo blue... UK fan :) ), but the $1500 kilo was at least on the horizon of my budget...

--------------------
Yes, I too now have a Blog. Don't laugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This whole thread has proven to me that vanity is more important to the triathlon world than performance. Kinda feel like taking a pix of my MTB and posting it (green frame, red rear wheel, yellow front wheel, etc). Folks might lose their lunch.

While I agree looks are (unfortunatley) the main buying criteria for the average triathlete....perhaps we can ask Herbert the characteristics, performance and model-rider for each particular bike. Unfortunately, most companies use price.....ABG is in a VERY unique position to change all that.

A very impressive line-up on bike for 2006, it will very interesting to see which company can actually PROVE which bike is best for each rider!
Quote Reply

Prev Next