Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training in Placid this weekend
Quote | Reply
This is a little late, but in keeping with my style of never deciding things to the last minute, I just decided to head down to Lake Placid tommorow to get in some good training. If anyone out there would like to join me for all/part of it, PM me before 3pm Friday or so, my plans so far are:

Friday evening: Whiteface climb (about an hour or so climb)

Saturday: hour swim, 200km bike, a run of some sort

Sunday: swim, 2 hour run, 90km bike

-Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Placid this weekend [Schermy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike, looks like you have IronTour LP 2 happening this weekend...if you break 58:50 on the Whiteface climb, you beat the IronTour climb record. My time was 60.08. Hope you have a better day than us !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a little late. IMLP was a few weeks ago. Maybe you can get an early start on next year.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Placid this weekend [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt my times will be very good, I did the TT tonight and posted a brutal time.....nothing quite like taking a weekend and indiscriminately loading on the miles though :)
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Placid this weekend [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It is a little late. IMLP was a few weeks ago. Maybe you can get an early start on next year.
It's never too late man....
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Placid this weekend [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriYoda, Scherman is a total stud. He is getting ready for Kona, not LP 2006. He finished on the podium in his age group at LP and the guy is only in his first season of tri.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FIRST SEASON?! Quite a machine he is. :)

When does it start getting too cold to swim down in LP? What about training in general? When does it start getting too cold to bike without shorts and what not?
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Placid this weekend [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
FIRST SEASON?! Quite a machine he is. :)

When does it start getting too cold to swim down in LP? What about training in general? When does it start getting too cold to bike without shorts and what not?

Just got home from placid, amazing weekend of training, the water was still warm enough to swim without a wetsuit...

As for when does it get too cold to bike without shorts.....my personal opinion is one should always wear shorts while biking....but that's just me....I'm a little conservative that way.....:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike...we are looking for reports. Did you beat TriYoda's Irontour Whiteface Climb record ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Report, all right, here's how my three day solo, over the top, training camp went...

Friday Morning: [4km swim, 1.5 hour run] Nothing special there

Friday night: [Whiteface climb] Got to whiteface pretty late, I was kind of worried about climbing it so late, as I was sure that I wouldnt see anyone and the weather was shitty, but went ahead anyway. Half way up the wind was insane so I thew on my second jacket I brought along. In the process my arm warmer blew away and down the mountain, so I did a quick turn around and biked down after it. After finally catching it after it blew quite a way down, my time was shot, didnt even look at the watch at the top. Pretty interesting decent in the dark with the wind :)

Saturday: [40 min swim, 200km bike, 1 hour run] Rained most of the day, but I had my MP3 player to keep me company.

Sunday: [1 hour swim, 2hr15min run, 4 hour bike] Rained for the first part and turned into a damn hot day for the bike. The bike was a reverse loop of the course, with a climb up whiteface up to the toll booth added. And then the drive home.

Just got home and I feel great right now, and had a great time this weekend. I find you learn more about yourself by trying push hard when you are alone than you ever will with a crowd around you. After doing a solo weekend like that, you can be garuanteed you will know exactly why you are doing this stuff....a question I think most people don't ask themselves enough....

Cheers folks, I am off to bed :)

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done!

My buddy and I are trying to sneak up to LP to ride at least one lap of the bike loop before the cold weather really sets in.

Does anyone know (more or less) when it just gets too darn cold to ride the bike loop. I know that it's a subjective question but I'm just wondering as my next window may be November 10th or 11th (School Holiday in New Jersey).

thanks,

B.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Placid this weekend [njmtbbg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can ride in LP on Nov 10 if you have a tolerance for cold, but in some years, you can also be XC skiing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike, wow...a solid 21-22 hour weekend. Very studly. You'll be ready to tear up the Queen K. Very impressive. Sub 10 in Kona, or you are relegated to poserland :-)
Quote Reply