Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I just won 25.00 worth of Pizza!!!! What have you won? [peethreeguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What are some of you guys favorite prizes you have won?

Good for you...enjoy that pizza!

For some reason I've won a bunch of stuff. Most of it not merit related. Here are a few of the better ones...
  • Lance Armstrong edition Nike altimeter watch
  • QR wetsuit
  • Revo sunglasses
  • Rudy Project sunglasses
  • Koobi bike saddles (several)
  • 2-year lease on a Ford Explorer

Bummer about the last one...the lease is up this Sunday. It's been nice having a new car for the first time in my life!
Last edited by: mdbockmann: Aug 17, 05 15:40
Quote Reply
Re: I just won 25.00 worth of Pizza!!!! What have you won? [peethreeguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably the top in value was a pair of Rollerblades as a KOM prize. Sprinted pretty hard for that one. The other guy in the sprint missed the 200m sign, so I had the advantage. If that sprint had been another 5m farther though...

I've won skewers, cash (always good), socks, food, tires, a HRM, water bottles, jerseys (I could never understand this at a USCF event -- awarding a jersy that basically you can't wear because of contracts with your team), a massage (that was fun), MTB bar-ends, a cable lock, and a bunch of other stuff I've forgotten.

One thing we did on the team I raced with was to pool all the cash winnings over the season and throw a big party when the season ended. Lots of Red Hook, food, music...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I placed third in my... um, 'division' at a nude run a few years back. I won a cheap trophy that is an excellent conversation starter and a tube of suntan lotion.
Quote Reply
Re: I just won 25.00 worth of Pizza!!!! What have you won? [BK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So let me get this straight - you won a tub of gumballs a couple years ago that you ASSUME are apple flavored? Either you're allergic to apple and afraid to chance it, you've taken some bizarre vow of gumball celibacy or have way more willpower than me. How do you not eat those things!!??

And for all of you guys (in homage to the Larsen thread(s)) - you've all won stuff now and are "pros," so no more racing in age groups
Quote Reply
Re: I just won 25.00 worth of Pizza!!!! What have you won? [Lamar Latrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I don't place very often in multisport events, I wasn't going to just go and eat them. I still have the jar, but I'm damn sure not going to chew gumballs from 2.5 years ago.

Funny thing about your post. If I remember right I was supposed to get third in my AG but there was a pro racing and they wouldn't give him his gumballs for AG or Overall so I rolled up :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won a few cool trophies, that is about it. I keep the good ones and the other ones are in a box somewhere or just went whereever things go when you don't have them anymore.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: I just won 25.00 worth of Pizza!!!! What have you won? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a water bottle from 2nd place in sprint race

pair of socks a different sprint race

a few badly designed wood plaques for assorted age group places (like 3rd of 3 men 50+)

don't just do something..... sit there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far I've won crappy bags from sponsors, gift certificates to a salon and Speedo gift certificates from triathlons and duathlons. I've also gotten free vitamins. I used to go to a bar every Wednesday to play trivia with my friends and we won the biggest prize for a team ever at about 300USD and we would win things gift certificates for massages or a day at a fitness club.

My favorite prize is speedlaces from a friendly 'invitational' race last weekend [someone's birthday so we threw a guerilla race].
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At my first aquathlon (1K Swim / 5K run) the weekend before last, I certainly didn't win anything for performance but did win a $75 Zoot bag in the post-race raffle!

And when I was about 7, I won free motor oil by having my seat number called out at a basketball game. Nothing like free motor oil to put a grin on a kid's face, I'll tell ya...
Quote Reply

Prev Next