Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For the Coaches: What do the AG NATS Athletes do now?
Quote | Reply
Given that they are all tapered and ready to go, should they go out and do a "mock-tri" to utilize the training up to this point, or just jump back into preparation for Worlds, or whatever race is next?

Wasn't sure if there would be a benefit to the athletes re-creating a race situation to give the body what it was expecting!

Get what I'm saying?
Quote Reply
Re: For the Coaches: What do the AG NATS Athletes do now? [drewface05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember when something similar happened at an ITU race. The coach had his athletes do a fitness test that included 10K tempo run that afternoon.

I think some sort of fitness test could be used instead of the race over the weekend. Even if this wasn't done, I would still let the athlete relax a bit afterwards. The mental drain of the weekend could be rough on them.

jd
Quote Reply
Re: For the Coaches: What do the AG NATS Athletes do now? [drewface05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Find another race, that's what most of the people did
Quote Reply
Re: For the Coaches: What do the AG NATS Athletes do now? [Justin D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember that... Either Edmonton or Cornerbrook got cancelled and Lance Watson told his athletes to run a 10k tempo run... I remember thinking this was kind of weird and that they wouldn't do well in the Olympics. Just a hunch, not even an educated guess.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: For the Coaches: What do the AG NATS Athletes do now? [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do a simulated race. Then brag about how fast you were ;-)

T.
Quote Reply
Re: For the Coaches: What do the AG NATS Athletes do now? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do an alternative race and then whine how you spent the previous day wating and flying.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply