Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oh just effing great!!
Quote | Reply
So, I arrived in New York from Brunei on Friday night. Unfortunately my bag didn't. At least my bike box made it here, so I have something to ride at Timberman. United can't even locate my bag in their system, it's probably on the tarmac in Singapore still.

Looks like I'm going to have to shop seriously this week for a completely new set of race gear. They've told me they'll cover 100% of rental fees so I can rent a wetsuit but will have to buy new race gear and running shoes, which is not exactly ideal for a big race.

My TSR race top and tribe shirts were in there two. Ah well, they have a few days left to try and find it.

Ho hum,

J.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh just effing great!! [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBR multisports. 58th St between 7th and 8th Ave. Sorry to hear about your problems.

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Re: Oh just effing great!! [trinitythlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, yes I was in there yesterday checking out what they had. I'm getting my new bike fitted at Roadworx tomorrow and they sell desoto gear, which are the shorts i've been using. Bought things like bodyglide, co2 and thermolytes at sbr and will probably go back for goggles this afternoon. Jackrabbit sports for shoes tomorrow too. Unfortunately, my orthotics are in my other bag, but I'll be able to get enough stuff to race I think. Anything I forget I can probably pick up at the expo on Saturday.

There's an outside chance they'll find the bag in time, but I think it wise to expect otherwise. It also has my camping gear for the weekend, so I have to ask them if they'll spring for a hotel room. they're cutting a cheque for $50 immediately so I can buy some underwear and a change of clothes.

Cheers,

J.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh just effing great!! [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know your pain...United lost my snowboard and gear bag last winter on my way to Park City. They also said they would pay rental fees and/or reimburse me for purchasing new items. I rented and bought about $200 worth of stuff and submitted it to United for reimbursement. After a couple of months without hearing from them I called the 1-800 number. They had no record of my claim and so I had to resubmit. Another couple of months and no word so I started calling every United number I could find. Six freakin' months later I finally got reimbursed. (Fortunately, they found my bags a couple of days later.)

I would definitely make copies of all receipts and get a name and direct phone number of someone you can contact at United as it is very difficult to a hold of someone there. Just my $.02.
Quote Reply