Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheelset shipping weights
Quote | Reply
I was just looking at a certain online tri store website and it listed the total shipping weight of a set of Zipp 404 wheels as 30lbs. Now I know the wheels do not weigh that much and I am sure a box does not weight that much either. Any idea why this is?

"These aren't Love Handles, I just have Big Kidneys!"
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelset shipping weights [bigkidneys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oversize items ship as overweight items with some services. Wheels and bike frames/bikes are oversize items. I've used Fedex and USPS and they measure the box and if it's too big they charge you extra over the simple weight.
Last edited by: SWoo: Aug 13, 05 23:55
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelset shipping weights [SWoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had a bike broken down into 2 boxes and shipped usps priority mail and the total cost was $70. I have been told by Zipp that shipping a set of 404s the same way will cost $70. I just think they are trying to make a few extra $$. Just my .02.

"These aren't Love Handles, I just have Big Kidneys!"
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelset shipping weights [bigkidneys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I just had a bike broken down into 2 boxes and shipped usps priority mail and the total cost was $70. I have been told by Zipp that shipping a set of 404s the same way will cost $70. I just think they are trying to make a few extra $$. Just my .02.

I got my 404's shipped through USPS with insurance for $25.00. Ship time was 3 days from Co to NY.
Quote Reply