Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fat Rabbit 1/2 race report
Quote | Reply
Report (Cliff's Notes version):

Race venue - First class venue; well organized race set-up, really like transition set-up and bike racking (seat racking rule really makes bike rack less crowded and rack more organized). Run thru neignborhoods was fantastic, kids were spraying everyone which felt great at temp aproached mid-80's, crowds were large and energetic ALL day.

Swim - Bus picked us up around 6 am and took us around to other side of lake to boat ramp. There was a bass tourney going on the same morning so the boat area was crazy. I got a little concerned but in all the craziness the swim start was very organized. I swam pretty easy the whole time with the exception of the first 200 yds; picked up "the line" and it was straight shot across the lake. I could see the transition and set-up from a mile away so sighting was easy. swim course had no turns so could really open up.

Bike - conservative for 1st 10 miles then opened up; bike course was flat and roads were in good condition. alot of turns on course but course was well marked and truns were manned. best marked course i have ever seen. there were a couple of chipped roads that had some pea gravel which slowed me down; i could see where course was swept so i knew effort was there to move most of gravel. back side of course had a nice set of rolling hills that tested the legs but a nice tailwind kicked up and pushed me over the hills. I felt fresh coming off of the bike. I really tried to enjoy every mile on the bike, from the unbelievable scenery, to the ride around the reservoir.

Run - Good run course - two loop course. The 1st mile and mile 7 go over uneven grass trail so i was concerned about stepping into a hidden hole but everything was okay. The run goes through park before entering a neighborhood. This was best part of race for me.The heat was getting to me but people in the neighborhood were cheering and I swear every 10 year-old was more than happy to spray you. I feel I had great run fitness but I suffered on the 2nd loop. I was pretty satisfied with the 1:50.

I had a personal goal to come in under 6 hours, and I achieved that, so I could smile a little bigger coming across the line.

All in all, it was a great race, great area, great volunteers, and would do it again next year. It was first Fat Rabbit race and I was impressed with atmosphere and whole set-up. Grilled burgers were a nice touch.

Next? Some beer, rest, beer, and a chance to get to know my dog again and some more beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Fat Rabbit 1/2 race report [FastFeet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the report, i hope you enjoyed the well deserved beer.

cheers,

rf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fat Rabbit does a great job with the presentation and atmosphere of all of thier races. I wanted to race but was unable to do to some other commitments. Hopefully next year there will not be 3 races in columbus that same day and hey can get a better turn-out.

Good job, glad you had fun this should grow into a large race.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good job! i was there as well and liked the race. It was a bit rough for me but I had a solid race despite bonking. happy:-)
Quote Reply