Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What was the last lap time for the woman's 10000m?
Quote | Reply
Mother of f'ken god! Who else was watching the 10,000m womens final? Did you see the last lap for Dibaba Tirunesh? Wow!!!! She put about 15 seconds on Radcliffe in the last 400m!!! Does anyone know what her last lap split was?

Also, she is so young. She could very well define distance running in the years to come and set some incredible world records. Should be interesting.

Last edited by: AJHull: Aug 8, 05 8:22
Quote Reply
Re: What was the last lap time for the woman's 10000m? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: What was the last lap time for the woman's 10000m? [jstuart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, at the end of a 10000. ', gonna state the obvious here and say thats a sub 4 minute mile if it were ran 4 times.
Quote Reply
Re: What was the last lap time for the woman's 10000m? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Also, she is so young. She could very well define distance running in the years to come and set some incredible world records. Should be interesting."

This is one trend that I have noticed in the last few years. Time was when the 10,000m and marathon were the almost exclusive preserve of the older more experienced distance runner. Not so any more and particularly so with the african runners who are now running world-class, world leading times at 10,000m and the marathon in their early 20's.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: What was the last lap time for the woman's 10000m? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Also, she is so young. She could very well define distance running in the years to come and set some incredible world records. Should be interesting."

This is one trend that I have noticed in the last few years. Time was when the 10,000m and marathon were the almost exclusive preserve of the older more experienced distance runner. Not so any more and particularly so with the african runners who are now running world-class, world leading times at 10,000m and the marathon in their early 20's.

Fleck
Dammit! And here I was waiting until I turn 35 before I attempt to better the current world record. I can't go back in time now. I'll just have to use the "could have...should have" logic.

Quote | Reply
I bet that lap was faster than the last lap of the women's 1500m. Makes it even more interesting.

Quote | Reply
Who watched her final in the 5000m!?!? She is setting the new standard for women in distance running. Truly spectacular ability! Watch what she will do in the years to come.