Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Running when a #2 is about to explode. [tim-mech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm disgusted with myself (and you all too) for laughing so heartily while reading these posts. I resisted for a full day before giving in.

So...vis a vis the snowball trick; I climb and BC ski in the wintertime out here and one of my favorite refreshers is having lots of snow around for a positively super clean-up. (I always pack out the bulk however; I know, I'm an extremist, but if you ever were on high up on Shasta or Whitney before the "Pack it out"rule, you'd know how essential it can be.)

Speaking of which, for all you "drop-trou-on-the-way" folks, take a doggie bag with you and be responsible for yourself. If the pet owners can doo the right thing, why can't you?
Quote Reply
Re: Running when a #2 is about to explode. [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had my first experience with this just last week. I was on a 10 mile loop run and around 5 mi, the pressure began to build. I was WAY uncomfortable with the idea of going in the woods, but after about a mile of unbearable discomfort, I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed (stole) a newspaper out of a yard, pulled out a loose page of classified ads and put the rest back. I snuck off into a wooded area and took care of business.

It was much easier than I would have thought...
Quote Reply
Re: Running when a #2 is about to explode. [keyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I grabbed (stole) a newspaper out of a yard,

I'm amazed at the amount of crap in the paper these days.

It's unbelievable.

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I often have the urge to drop a Butt Nuggett whilst out running. If you have nothing to clean up with, just use a sock.

Deceptively slow.
Quote Reply
Re: Running when a #2 is about to explode. [springgreen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my unfortunate contribution to this truly crappy thread. Many years ago, I lived in this basement apartment that was half below ground level. I had this walk out patio that had about 4 foot walls. I never used it because if you were out there sitting, you would be looking at concrete...not too scenic. Well after the fact, a buddy of mine tells me of a certain incident that occurred on my patio. He was running one day when the urge came on very strongly. I was not home and with no time to spare, he jumped down onto my patio and left a nice dukie. As I mentioned, fortunately I was not home and fortunately never used the patio. I often wondered what his expression and my expression would have been if I had been home and having heard a noise coming from my patio, pulled open the shades. That would have scarred me for life.
Last edited by: Quarter!: Aug 9, 05 13:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be sure to read the post from TJ Burke:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...earch_string;#245081

...quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in the Providian Relay (Calistoga to Santa cruz, 199 miles and 12 people) a few years ago. Made a poor dinner choice with a burrito at 10pm, and my next running leg was at about 2am. tried to go before hand, but no luck - the internal clock was too messed up. I had the leg that was from Marin into San Francisco. Had to go... pulled off into the bushes, turned off the blinking lights i was wearing and went, no problem. About a mile or two later I had to take another dump. Unfortunately, at this point I was on the Golden Gate Bridge. There's not a lot of cover out there...

Second light pole past the Marin County line, if anyone is interested.

J
Quote Reply
Re: Running when a #2 is about to explode. [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triple, that is so funny! You know that anyone who has had to do this (and if you run enough, it will happen eventually, no matter what plans/adjustments you make) is thinking that same thing as they bound out of the bushes, looking both ways. It's also kind of funny how many people have viewed this thread too. Glad to know I'm not alone!
Quote Reply
Re: Running when a #2 is about to explode. [gimpy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This had only happened to me maybe twice in over 25 years of running, but has become a regular (for lack of a better word) problem since running Boston in April. The heat and my stomach were bothering me during the race and I had to make five different pitstops along the course as a result. Since then, if I'm running on a hot day, I have to go.

I hope it ain't hot on the run at MOO : (

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I often find in my running shorts, skid marks like Mars bars!

Deceptively slow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try letting a pan full of snappers go before heading out the door. This will lessen the chances of having a muddy run.

Deceptively slow.
Quote Reply

Prev Next