Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Administrator
Re: Disc wheel sticker removal; Balance? [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basically, the sticker addresses a balance issue from the valve hole and valve stem.

I had my Renn shipped clean so I could put on my business logo for advertising (discs are great for advertising) and I could write off the purchase of the disc.

As real as the balance issue is, it just makes the wheel feel a bit weird without the stickers. I would not worry. But if you do the sticker thing, make sure it is opposite the valve hole.
Last edited by: bunnyman: Oct 11, 03 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel sticker removal; Balance? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you notice a balance thing with sticker placement your much more sensitivg that I am. How it looks..balanced or notwith stickers is up to the beholder. Your disc decorate how you like. I go stickerless personally.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Disc wheel sticker removal; Balance? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had meant to say while spinning the wheel in the frame without you on it.

Like I said in the subsequent sentence, it doesn't matter all that much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Example: valve hole on bottom, sticker on top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 "balance issue" ... you're kidding right?!

Put your bike in a repair stand... shift it to the highest gear... spin the cranks and get the rear wheel spinning... watch the back end of the bike hop.

That's your "balance issue" that virtually all carbon wheels suffer from because of a normal, but unequal distribution of the materials in the wheel, and it's not cured by the 2-3grams of a sticker and is not noticeable at the speeds you cycle at.

"opposite the valve hole..." and you're kidding about that too, right?

If you're going to be so anal as to be concerned about the weight distribution of a 2gram sticker... put the wheel in a truing stand and let it settle heavy side "down" and then put the sticker on the "top".

Personally... I think it's an aesthetic issue, and it looks best opposite the valve hole.
Last edited by: Saber: Oct 12, 03 10:44
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel sticker removal; Balance? [Saber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talk to the engineers. I did not make this stuff up. If you spun my wheel, I know that it is marginally unbalanced, and I don't care.

Did you read the "I would not worry" part of the posts? Did you also read the "unnoticeable" part, as well? I mean no disrespect, but I have categorically downplayed the importance of the stickers, but have answered the questions namely for ones who were concerned about the stickers. I don't think the stickers are much of a performance issue, and I certainly do not spend my nights sleeplessly worrying about stickers.

Besides, the Renn graphics (old wheel) were six grams each, two of them equalling twelve grams. Did I worry much? Naw, I needed to get my 36 grams worth of stickers on mine so I could legitamately write off the purchase. he he he
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you get the stickers off?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes Bunn... I read your post.

"Talk to the engineers. I did not make this stuff up. If you spun my wheel, I know that it is marginally unbalanced... "

Who's disagreeing? I said they are unbalanced in my post. I only commented on your statement "the sticker addresses a balance issue from the valve hole and valve stem". I was pointing out that the valve hole is not necessarily the "heavy" spot, and that it's certainly not cured by a 4-12 grams of stickers.

And I searched every posting in this thread and nowhere do I find the word "unnoticeable" so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel sticker removal; Balance? [Saber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't mind me, I think I must've been high from epoxy fumes... gotta get new filters for my respirator.

I admit it, I did not put unnoticeable. I was making mental quantum leaps again. Sorry...
Quote Reply