Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Irongirl Duathlon
Quote | Reply
So I'm cruising Coach Troy's site, and see a link for: The Official IronGirl Duathlon Training Plan. I'm intrigued as I've never heard of an Iron-distance duathlon before. I'm thinking maybe something on the order of 13m run/112m bike/13m run. Well I go to the race website and it turns out that that it is slightly less than Iron. Looks like it is affiliated with WTC, I hadn't heard anything about this before. Anyone know anything. I thought it kind of funny that they touted shopping as an added event.

Iron Girl Bloomington Women's Duathlon EventSaturday, September 17, 2005
3 mile run / 18 mile bike / 1.5 mile run
Welcome to the Iron Girl Bloomington Women's Duathlon Event. Early registration is highly recommended due to field limits!

As an extra bonus this is the perfect destination race for you and friends to add an event to the duathlon, shopping!

The race will start and finish at the Mall of America!

Having the Number #1 Shopping Mall in the United States will make sure all your shopping needs are met before and after the race. Mall of America: the nation's premier entertainment and retail complex offers something for everyone. You will find Bloomingdale's, Macy's, Nordstrom and Sears, along with over 520 specialty stores, 60 restaurants and nightclubs. Plus there is NO TAX on CLOTHING in Minnesota.

CONTACT US | ADVERTISING | PRIVACY POLICY | MEDIA CENTER
All content © copyright 2005 World Triathlon Corporation, Inc. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use prohibited.

-------------
"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber
Quote Reply
Re: Irongirl Duathlon [Strider124] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I know is that I'm thinking about not going to Chequamegon to race my MTB...just so I can volunteer!!!

Another reason not to race the weekend after IM Moo....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronGirl is a brand of women's tri clothing, it's not a reference to the distance. Haven't seen anything of theirs lately, but they have a really cute flowerly logo that girls dig.
Quote Reply
Re: Irongirl Duathlon [swimgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was under the impression Irongirl clothing is no longer due to " copyright issues" with WTC brand. However WTC had now created a new business, website and races (runs and tris ) under the heading "Iron Girl." Steve McFEssel was hired orginally by Iron Girl to RD their races before he picked up 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Irongirl Duathlon [swimgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironotter is correct...IronGirl USED to be a brand of women's tri clothing. Now, it's owned by WTC and is their brand for women's targetted multisports stuff/events.
Quote Reply
Re: Irongirl Duathlon [ironotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, thanks. I guess I must have missed their big marketing push

-------------
"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if they did away with that really cute flowerly logo...
Quote Reply