Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suunto Moveslink Issues
Quote | Reply
Anyone else really struggling with Moveslink?

I bought the Ambit2 a couple weeks ago and have had lots of problems with connecting it to my PC. First issue was that it wouldn't detect the watch more than once, I would install Moveslink, it connects and downloads... until I tried the next day. It wouldn't recognize the watch at all... so I would uninstall and then it would work, until the next day again. I've force updated the firmware and that seemed to fix the issue, it worked for 3 days...

Now, when I tried to start the Moveslink2 software it crashes immediately and even reinstalling doesn't work. I tried on a second computer, got a few days out of it and then the same problem occurs, crashes on startup. Watch still charges when I plug it in, but it won't upload/download any moves since Moveslink won't run.

Emailed suunto support... but nothing so far..
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Moveslink Issues [dwmangold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem... am I crazy to expect the software to work with my 450 dollar watch??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember having some sync/connection issues when I first started, but it didn't last long. It's been seamless since. Perhaps there are some issues with anti-viral software or something, but once I force the firmware update, mine really hasn't had a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Ambit 2, but I use a Mac; no problems here.

2015 USAT Long Course National Champion (M50-54)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am having the same issue as you. Moveslink2 has yet to work on my computer. As soon as I attempt to open it, it crashes and I see the Windows message that it is searching for a solution. Did you find any solution to this issue or a workaround? I have attempted to install this application on two Windows 8.1 machines as well as a Windows 7 PC. All gave the identical result. I was certain it was a compatibility issue with Windows 8.1 until I tried on Windows 7 and saw the same thing. Now I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the current version of Moveslink2 or the installer?

Super frustrating as this basically makes the watch useless to me without being able to access the files it creates.

http://www.TeamRWB.org It's our turn!
Blazeman Warrior No. 387
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Moveslink Issues [Tri14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did... it was related to Administrative permissions. Essentially I created a shortcut to start Moveslink with Admin rights and it works perfectly now. It's definitely not ideal, but as you mention it's pretty useless without it.

I'm trying to find the directions I followed online but can't locate. If you try this and substitute moveslink it should work for you... let me know if you can't get it to work.

http://www.howtogeek.com/...on-as-administrator/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked further at that link and it's more complicated than I remember... I don't think you should have to set up admin account.

Ultimately I found I needed to start the application with administrator privileges, and there are a few different ways to do that I think so you should use the one that works the best for you. I didn't follow up with Suunto afterwards either, might be worth asking them again with a bit more specifics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck getting satisfaction from Suunto's customer service. I've posted on here before about they were unresponsive to what I would consider very reasonable requests I made regarding an X6HR that stopped functioning properly far too soon. As expensive as their products are I think you should expect more than you would expect from a $50 Timex Ironman or a Freestyle watch. I will not buy any Suunto products in the future and I advise all the athletes I coach to avoid them.
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Moveslink Issues [d2xccoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the complete opposite experience w/ Suunto.
I've had a T6D for two years.
Now using an Ambit 2S since Fall 2013.
All of the above on MacOs X 10.9.
Nothing but stellar performance.
I love small, timely upgrades to the Website!
Upgrading Moveslink has been a breeze and adds new functionality to the watch.
I've contacted their customer service (you need to open an account via their website) and received a timely answer.
I recommend their products at every opportunity.

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Moveslink Issues [Paul Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul Dunn wrote:
I have an Ambit 2, but I use a Mac; no problems here.

I also use a Mac with my T6 and it works fine. I have had minor issues like uploads failing on first attempt but otherwise it works ok. I find if you already have Moveslink open before attaching the watch/device it works every time.

Ive also emailed Suunto in the past about other stuff and they responded pretty quickly. Went to their global help desk I think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much for replying! I have made it as far as getting the application to open, at least once! So far, I have downloaded the setup file and saved it to the desktop. I then right click on it and select "run as administrator". It installs and opens up as it should and allows me to sync the watch. The issue I have now is if I close Moveslink2, I have to go back to the "Setup" application and reinstall as an administrator to get it to open. Are you having to do this each time also? I have tried to open the installed application as an administrator, but it doesn't open.

Blazeman Warrior No. 387
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had issues a little over a month ago on an 8.0 machine.

Here's the process I had to go through to purge the problem out:
  1. Uninstalled ML2
  2. cleared browsing history, cookies and cache on IE and chrome
  3. upgraded chrome and ie
  4. searched for all files that had SUUNTO and MovesLink in the directory name and deleted them
  5. re-installed ML2

Since, it's been working like a charm. Even updated to 8.1, and it's still working well. I'm not really sure what the issue was, but I got temporary fixes by clearing browsing data, then it wouldn't work again the next day I cleared the data. There's must be some sort of tracking cookie or something that interferes with moveslink or something. I did increase the browser security as well, which can be a bit of a pain on occasion.
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Moveslink Issues [InWyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot for your experience. I have found numerous cases online with people having this issue, but I couldn't find a single fix or workaround. I'd love to get some ideas compiled here for others to work with. The watch seems awesome and I would hate to see this ruin too many first impressions.

Blazeman Warrior No. 387
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have to re-install every time, but definitely have to run as administrator to get it to work for me...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been having the same exact problem. I have an Ambit 2S for 3 years now and have had connectivity problems for about the last 2. I even got them to send me another watch and it still happens. I am glad to see someone else having this problem and if anyone knows what to do about it, let me know. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Moveslink Issues [Docwebb55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They seam to have fixed the issue with later models. I currently have the new Spartan Series and I have no issues.
Quote Reply