Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timberman Tri Course
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I can find an elevation profile of the Timberman Half bike course?

How about total elevation gain?

If not, can anyone offer a comparison of the course relative to say Ralph's half IM, Half Vineman or Wildflower?

Thanks,
Sam M.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman Tri Course [smcgowan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a course profile at the bottom of the page at http://www.timbermantri.com/timbermanmap.html.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman Tri Course [redserotta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, found it, my browser was blocking the maps for some reason...
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman Tri Course [smcgowan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I keep trying not to look at it. I just know it's going to hurt.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman Tri Course [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it actually rides better than it drives. just don't blow yourself up in the first 15 miles, smooth sailing after that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only climbing happens at the begining and it is pretty much on the bars in the flats after that.

Make sure that you pass before the decent back into town because it is a no pass zone for the entire decent. I was caught behind someone who was very afraid and rode the brakes all the way into t-2.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman Tri Course [super clyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously? No passing? How long is that stretch. Last mile, 2 miles?

That would suck to not be able to go as fast as you want on the downhill. I'm not the fastest downhiller, but it wouldn't be fun to be stuck behind someone like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is a substantial down hill section 5 miles from the end that last maybe 2 miles. your ability to pass is constrained by a few 90 degree turns if i recall correctly. the last mile is a slightly down hill into transition where you make a left across traffic (there will be a traffic director) where you cannot pass.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman Tri Course [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Bryan, I'll take a good look at it on the Saturday when I get up there to drive the course. Good to know.

Cheers,

Justin.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman Tri Course [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I remember correctly it is as you make a right onto the major road out of the woods. Maybe 2 miles it is coned off from traffic and you can come in really hot or on the brakes as in my case.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman Tri Course [super clyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The no passing zone is only about 1/4 mile, right before you come back into the park. It's a big down hill, and you have to cross over traffic, which would be stopped. It's for safety reasons...:)
Quote Reply