Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hello from wisconsin
Quote | Reply
hello everyone. My name is Dan and ive been doing triathlons for the last year or so. Ive been reading a lot of posts on here and they are all very insightful and helpful. Just thought ide let myself be known. Little backround: I swam for my college and ran track\cross country in high school, I am also a cochair for my cycling club at the college. I live in the milwaukee area beginning in august and am looking to do a half ironman next year and eventually do the Ironman wisconsin the following year. It would be great to know who is in the lakefront area by UWM to train with sometime.

-dan
Quote Reply
Re: Hello from wisconsin [uwmswimr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny how a chick posts a hello and gets 50 responses, and you do the same and get jack. People on here are so funny. I'm in Wisconsin, but abotu 40 miles north of you along the lake. Hope you find a few to train with. When I was at UWM, it was slim pickings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really appreciate the help given at this website. This sport is incredible, but also incredibly daunting. There are so many beautiful bikes, and so much information, it is mind blowing. All the advice that you veterans give is incredibly appreciated by all of us newbs.

Quote | Reply
Hi Dan,

A good bet for you is the local tri club, TriWisconsin. Lots of folks on the east side. Regular club events, training and social. Dues are $50, substantial club discounts at local bike shops and shoe stores.

The lakefront is a great place to train.

Ping me at jimc@uwm.edu if you want more info.
Quote Reply
Re: Hello from wisconsin [Number5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
us dudes need to stick together! HI!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How old are you? If you swam and ran in college, it's a waste of time doing 1/2IM's! :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hello from wisconsin [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im 20, waste of time?how so?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think what he's saying is if you swam and ran in college go where the opportunity to make money is. Most half's are not "money" races.

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Re: Hello from wisconsin [drewface05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RIGHT NOW!!!

oh, only swam and cycled in college, i ran track and xc in high school. You guys make it sound like you do it for the money????? If your getting paid to be doing these i must be doing something wrong.
Quote Reply