Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Desoto Skinsuit Sizing help
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'11", 170lbs. Will be around 165 for IM Moo.

42" chest, 31" waist

I wear a large HED suit (those suckers are TIGHT) and a Medium Orca....but the Orca stretches darn quick. I'd prefer it to be a lil tighter. I wear Med TYR tops and large TYR bottoms when using separates.

In general, I'm a bit longer-torso'd

I'm under the gun to get the right size b/c it needs to get off to the printer ASAP for graphics.

I'm thinking the medium...but it appears my sizing is the large.

Anybody?
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto Skinsuit Sizing help [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice garment. Very high quality. I wear a size medium De Soto skin suit. I'm 5'10" 140lbs, 30" waist, 37" chest, long torso. Fits perfectly. You are right on the border. If you like tight go medium. If you like loose go large.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I'm thinking the medium...but it appears my sizing is the large. Anybody?[/reply]

I am 184cm/74kg and use a De Soto Med Suit. It fits good.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'10" 42 chest 30 waist 155 lbs and I wear a medium. Fits like a glove, but not the type OJ wears.

If anything you could have some problems with the long Torso. I know if I would have to say mine is tight in any one place it in the shoulders. I would think you could still do the medium though and just rely on what little stretch it will have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say medium if you were buying it from me. also I'm 5'10, 155lb, longish torso, like the suit to fit tight so I can swim in it (I'm in Hawaii...) and I wear a small.
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto Skinsuit Sizing help [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"buying it from me"

Was that a typo? Are you a retailer or have a used suit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh, sorry, I work at a retailer. I have a really used suit though if you want to buy it:) Good luck on the tri suit shopping
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would phone or email Emilio Desoto. They have outstanding customer service and he will guide you in the right direction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would second calling DeSoto. Email him a race photo with a comment that distinguishes your build like "I got a bucket like JLo".

I'm also 5'11", 170 lbs hoping to get to 165. I have a medium that fits the way I like for swimming and biking; tight. I can't go smaller. If you have a long torso, opt for the next bigger size.
Last edited by: JDub: Jul 27, 05 10:14
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto Skinsuit Sizing help [JDub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rec'd a lickty split response from Emilio.

Gasp....he said buy em both and return whichever doen't fit. Perhaps the easiest solution is the most difficult to think of.

D'oh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a long torso as well. I tried a DeSoto suit and thought it pulled too much. I went with the tri top and power shorts. If you've read any of my posts on DeSoto, I am a huge fan and can't say enough good things about Emilio, service, and the product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm 5'11", 170lbs. Will be around 165 for IM Moo.

42" chest, 31" waist
I am 5'10" 180lbs. same chest and a 32 waist. I have been down to 158lbs. and 31 waist and I have both a med. and a large. I bet you will like the large.

Ironmarc
Quote Reply