Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT - Shuttle Launch -WOW
Quote | Reply
Heard about the Shuttle last night going off this morning, sssoooo....up at 7:30 am. 90 minute drive to the Cape......stand around for 30 minutes and ............. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was an awesome sight and sound!! I can't beleive people are inside that thing going that fast. Its the first launch I've seen, except when I lived in Tampa and saw it from the other side of the Sate of Florida. Its just a huge explosion pushing your a** into space!! I'll keep my butt on a bike seat, thank you!

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Shuttle Launch -WOW [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very cool!
HC

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never get tired of seeing that; even on TV it's an awesome and stirring sight. I got the girls out of bed to see it. They couldn't get over seeing the edge of the Earth in the picture from the new external fuel tank cam. Had to get the globe out to show how the shuttle gets into orbit and goes round and round.

Seeing the planet from space helps us maintain perspective; it should be a requirement for all on a regular basis.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Shuttle Launch -WOW [tim-mech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to see that got that bad boy back into space. Watched the launch on the tube, still gives me goosebumps.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember watching the on live tv the first space shuttle explosion. I think I was in grade 3. I remember all of us watching the lift off and then the disintegration. I distinctly remember all the kids looking at each other wondering if that was supposed to happen. Sad day.

Quote | Reply
It might be coming back down as fast as it went up...

http://news.yahoo.com/...3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The space shuttle vechicle requires a speed of 25,660 feet/second to reach orbit. This velocity converts to 17,495 mph. or 28,156 kph. Just think of all the math calcualtions to achive this endeavor with out a problem. The US still ranks #1 with technical know how.
Last edited by: kjsmitty: Jul 26, 05 12:19
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Shuttle Launch -WOW [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully nothing happen with debris seen falling off the main fuel tank, but they are working on the video & pictures. Also, American spy sats will give the vehicle a complete work up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was lucky enough to see a launch some years ago when I was in florida. Awesome is the word. I was standing in the rocket park at canaveral, looking at the redstone that shepherd went up in and then back to the shuttle. Those guys had big brass balls.

I'm have a friend who's taken 5 rides to orbit on a shuttle, and have spent quite some time chatting about it. As a complete space cadet from my earliest memories I'd sell my soul for a chance to ride that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
video of what you saw...
http://www.10news.com/video/4771204/detail.html

from start pre-launch to the boosters separating in space....

amazing
Quote Reply