Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMC Roll-Call!! Who's going?? [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We fly out to Vancouver on the 21st and arrive in Penticton on the 22nd. We are staying at the Apex Mountain Inn which is a little way out of town I think. Hope your training is going well - not long now until the taper:-)

Starting to get very nervous !!!!!!

Tommo
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Roll-Call!! Who's going?? [tommo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My training has been a nightmare this year. I lose November to MArch with bad problems and have been playing catch up since then. I have missed over 30% of the sets that I needed to make to catch up due to either logistics, equipment error or illness. If I race it will be to complete and enjoy the day rather than hammer for a Kona slot (my long term dream), regardless of my decision I will be there. Wear your tribe Ts there and we will seek out the ST'ers.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll have to get myself a Tribe T. Where do you get them from? Good luck with the rest of your prep. I hope you make it to the start line. I am trying for a Kona slot but as the race gets closer I wish I was just going to enjoy the day!!

Tommo
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Roll-Call!! Who's going?? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I'll be there cheering you and others on![/reply]

ditto

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Roll-Call!! Who's going?? [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am all for that. Let's draw straws on race morning.

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Roll-Call!! Who's going?? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ahhh, IMC, I must say I am jealous. That's a race I want to do VERY badly.

A question for all of you: How did you get in? Did you enter the IMC lottery? Or did you sign up last year in person? Or did you qualify at another event? Just wondering how people go about getting in.

-Colin

It's nice to know that the IM I will eventually do is also the closest one to me! Signing up the previous year is the only way to guarantee a spot. I actually qualified in my 1/2 IM this past weekend, but passed. Too soon for that big of an event! And I'm definitely not a fast triathlete (usually in top 1/3).

Where do you live? There may be a qualifying event near you for next year.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Roll-Call!! Who's going?? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, all I'll need is an imprint of your ccard first....!
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Roll-Call!! Who's going?? [jdculligan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife an I are in! Will be my 4th IMC (96', 97' 04') and my wife's 3rd IMC (97' 04'). Need to redeem myself from last year with my slowest time ever. Still puzzled why my time was slow last year given the great weather.

Wish everyone a great race.

Also, if the idiot who passed me and about 100 other people last year going down the back side of Mclean Creek Road in the other lane is racing, I hope you get DQ! One asshole out of 2,000 isn't so bad. Maybe he learned how to swim under an hour this year and hopefully he will be in front of me until the run.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Roll-Call!! Who's going?? [tommo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Click on the Cervelo banner at the top of the page, and go to aparell (sp) for peaceful tribe. Thanks, I look forward to meeting up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Felix, I'm flying to Vancouver on the 20th and driving over to Penticton on the 21st. Wear your friendly tribe T and I will find you. Have a good trip and a great race, good luck on your Kona slot I will keep an ear out for your name at the awards meal.[/reply]

We fly to Vancouver on the 18th. then we stay there and on Vancouver Island. We arrive in Pentciton on Thursday and stay on South Beach Gardens Camping on Lake Skaha (near bike and run course).

I will wear the Peaceful Tribe shirt in Penticton. And you will probably hear and see my boys (2 and 4) before me. They are loud and can't stand/sit without moving for more than some seconds (my wife is quite afraid about the flight with them). An my older boy will sometimes wear a orange Ironkids shirt with the Swiss flag.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Roll-Call!! Who's going?? [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will look out for you from THursday on, Felix. Have a good flight, good luck with the boys!

Quote Reply

Prev Next