Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

trainer wear on bike? how much?
Quote | Reply
How much wear does a fluid trainer put on your tires/bike as opposed to riding on the road. is it similar? any suggestions on what NOT to do?
Quote Reply
Re: trainer wear on bike? how much? [teege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dont crash

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wears down your back tire (for obvious reasons). You may wnt to use older tires on the back on the trainer (no big deal to get a flat in your living room). Also, don't forget to clean your bike. It may not seem necessary, but you sweat all over it and it can need a cleaning more than a road ride would cause it to. I myslef had not thought of this until my bike mechanic suggested it to me........kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: trainer wear on bike? how much? [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As well make sure not to run tubies....clincher only!!! I actually have an older wheel that i use, it so easy to swap i couldn't resist [plus it saves wear on the good one]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear down a rear tire over the winter on the trainer. Just buy the cheapest thing you can because expensive tires don't hold up any better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have, and I know others who have cracked frames in a trainer during hard efforts. Fact is a bike is not made to have the rear hub held stedfast in that static position while you flex the shit out of the BB sprinting...just a load that was not intended. If you have a spare bike...use that one.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply