Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who was the best Lance? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry - but Lance will not vanish. In five years, the phrase "I'll take Lance Armstrong in the center square for the block, please" will be as common as "Nipsey, do you have a poem for us?"
Quote Reply
Re: Who was the best Lance? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The '62 vintage was not that great, but not surprising the Wine Spincter gave it a 98. Suckling never found a Bordeaux he did not love or overrate. I would have pegged you for following Parker, or at least Tanzer. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Who was the best Lance? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks that maybe, just maybe Greg was pretty good on a bike too...

Let's face it, in his day Lemond was pretty special too...going one step further, to win one, let alone multiple TDF's, goddamn amazing in my book.

And that last stage in '89----very hard to top that one *ever* as far as an exciting stage, and that it decided the race by 8 seconds after 3 weeks of racing...what more can you say?

Lance's 7 straight Tour wins will probably not be repeated, but never say never. The focus required for that would drive most crazy. You can speculate about PED's as many here (and elsewhere) do, but no one can argue his work ethic, attention to detail and the determination and drive he displays with regards to the TDF. Just as Tiger Woods altered the landscape of golfing---imagine, golfers working out and kind of becoming athletic!!---Lance has forever changed how those serious about winning the tour will approach it.
Quote Reply
Re: Who was the best Lance? [140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cocky son-of-a-bitch Lance that won the World Championships was the best Lance.
Quote Reply
Re: Who was the best Lance? [technikal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh...the figured out the Iron deficiency thing right around the Giro or one of the warm up races. He would have had several weeks to get back in balance.

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who was the best Lance? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much like the current Lance ;-P

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Who was the best Lance? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been into cycling a long time. My problem is -- I met Greg Lemond before he ever won a tour and frankly he was a "silver spoon born in his mouth" asshole. I ran into him again after he won and he was an even worse asshole. Of course he might have been an asshole to me since I was hanging out with Alexi Grewal at the time.

I just don't like him (Greg Lemond) as a person.
Last edited by: Sparticus: Jul 22, 05 16:59
Quote Reply
Re: Who was the best Lance? [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bow to you.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Who was the best Lance? [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just don't like him (Greg Lemond) as a person.

I don't know him at all, other than what I have read and/or heard...this is not the first time I've heard the comments you have made. Speaking in terms of personality, he may be a dickhead but as far as his mark on cycling and the Tour, that speaks for itself.

Personally, he lost me when he took some of his verbal shots at Lance last year when they weren't warranted; he did sound like an ass at that point.
Quote Reply

Prev Next