Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I won money
Quote | Reply
I know most of you missed this news since it probably got lost in the Tour coverage but last night I placed 2nd in the "B" division at my local Thursday night crit. 2nd place paid $20. I've been involved in competitive sports off and on for 32 years and this is the first cash prize I have ever won.

A crisp 20 is a way cooler prize than a medal.

Quote Reply
Re: I won money [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sort of like the time I won a brand new pair of Nike's at a local 10 kms for "middle of the pack award". The top three overall and AG winners all walked away with little medals, but I got the shoes. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was all jazzed a few years ago when I won $15 for 3rd place in a MTB race. On the drive home I remembered the entry fee was $20.

"It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Money is always good! Congrats!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats

Now that you are making money in the sport you can refer to your self as a professional cyclist. Start working on those sponsors

GO4 SMOOOOOOTH AND FAST
Quote Reply
Re: I won money [Chuck M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was all jazzed a few years ago when I won $15 for 3rd place in a MTB race. On the drive home I remembered the entry fee was $20.

I've been getting a little grief at home lately since my wife and kids are all getting up at 5:30 am to do their respective workouts while I have been sleeping in. So I put the 20 on the fridge so the family has to look at all day today and acknowledge my greatness.

It will probably be gone when I get home . . . . .

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome. Congratulations.

My girlfriend just won a 1/2 IM triathlon and for 4 1/2 hours of hard work in the heat she won $250. Her comment to me afterwards, was, "I am glad I am not doing this for a living"!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sandbagger!
:)
I've always thought it's kinda weird when I win money at bicycle races - I remember saving the first check I won and then losing it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats, did it cover your entry fee?

-------------
"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber
Quote Reply