Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink?
Quote | Reply
and.......with speculation of another DSC rider taking over for Lance, do ya think DSC would resent it if Vinokourov was brought on board?
Last edited by: jdavis1040: Jul 20, 05 6:06
Quote Reply
Re: why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink? [jdavis1040] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=460592;search_string=vino%20kaz;guest=4078153#460592

He is wearing the Kazakhstan National Champion jersey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because he is the national champion of Kazakhistan and he needs to wear his national jersey. Of course in order for him to be national champion, he just need to show up at the race, so him being national champion this year is very interesting.

I think the only possibility for someone from the outside to substitute Lance is Basso.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this has been posted but it's because he's the national champ of Kazakhstan and those are the colours of the national flag. Before you are overcome with sympathy (even T-Mobile's pink is better IMHO) he actually designed it himself!

On your second point while I think DSC definitely need a new leader (I don't reckon GH is a serious contender for the overall and Tom D./Popovych and Salvoldelli are all still too young) I don't think Vino's improved his bargaining position on this tour. What Armstrong, Basso and to a lesser extnt Ullrich have shown yet again is that to win these days you need to be consistent. Entertaining as he is Vino's just too impetuous - can you honestly see him riding tempo in 5th wheel?

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink? [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys don't get it... He doesn't want to work for Ullrich neither for Kloden... After seen many stages so far in this year TDF we could say that Vino and Ullrich are not riding for the same Team. Which team would constantly bring back Lance into he's wheel when Vino attacks. We must have seen at least 4-5 times this scenario... Vino gets a small lead and then Ullrich or Kloden bring the "Maillot Jaune" back into his wheels... I really doubt that we will see Vino and Ullrich in the same team next year.

Seriously read SAC post for the answer.
Quote Reply
Re: why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink? [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're being unfair... yesterday he rode in front of Jan for like 1km on the Aubisque ;-) Also I saw him talking to Jan and giving him bottles before attacking. Of course Jan could be saying "Go ahead and attack, I don't give a shit!" ;-)

-

Quote Reply
Re: why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink? [luckyleese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure that while Paolo appreciates the kind words, his time as being considered "too young" in cycling are well behind him. DOB: May 7, 1973.
Quote Reply
Re: why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink? [180cranks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He will not go at DSC not because of age but because JB said that he didn't think Vino could win the Tour and he would be too expensive coming from TMO.

Right now, the most serious rumors for his next team are Credit Agricole and AG2R...where he will not win the Tour for sure for lack of teammates...(not that he has any right now).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe one of you can help with this question... is the national championship an amateur or pro race? Also, how old is Vino?
Quote Reply
Re: why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink? [TriKitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
National championships are a pro race, ridden across Europe typically the Sunday before the Tour starts and after the Dauphine and Tour de Suisse end.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<<Of course in order for him to be national champion, he just need to show up at the race>>

Why don't you immigrate to Kazakhkastan? You can become a national hero too. Apparently they have good cycling routes next the Caspian sea. Or you can try Uzbekistan if you afraid of Vinokourov.

Personally, I would not wear pink myself and opt to become a Latvian cyclist. They have similar colours to T-Mobile, but a less feminine shade:

The buttom line is that you are just being arrogant - However, in fact the only Portuguese cyclist I see in the tour is Jose Azevedo who is indeed a few places in front of Vinokourov. Another one I can think of is Ribeiro who was quiet good in the Giro probably because of his high hematocrit.

---------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: Pluto: Jul 20, 05 7:41
Quote Reply
Re: why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink? [Pluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your post made me laugh... you've got a problem, and it's not with me.

-

Quote Reply
Re: why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink? [Pluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well said, Pluto, well said.
Quote Reply
Re: why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink? [Frank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MR. PINK
Why am I Mr. Pink?

JOE
Because you're a faggot, all right? (Mr Brown laughs, Mr Blonde smiles)

MR. PINK
Why can't we pick our own colors?

JOE
No way, no way. Tried it once, it doesn't work. You get four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black. But they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way, I pick. You're Mr. Pink. Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow.

MR. BROWN
Yeah, but Mr. Brown, that's a little too close to Mr. Shit.

MR. PINK
Mr. Pink sounds like Mr. Pussy. How about if i'm Mr. Purple? That sounds good to me. I'll be Mr. Purple.

JOE
You're not Mr. Purple. Some guy on some other job is Mr. Purple. You're Mr. Pink.

MR. WHITE
Who cares what your name is?

MR. PINK
Yeah, that's easy for you to say. You're Mr. White. You have a cool sounding name. All right look, if it's no big deal to be Mr. Pink, you wanna trade?

JOE
Hey, nobody's trading with anybody. This ain't a goddamn fucking city council meeting, you know. Now listen up, Mr. Pink. There's two ways you can go on this job-- my way or the highway. Now what's it going to be, Mr. Pink?

MR. PINK
Jesus christ. Fucking forget about it. It's beneath me. I'm Mr. Pink. Let's move on.
Quote Reply
Re: why does Vinokourov not wear T-Mobile pink? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! An afficionado, I see. Well played.
Quote Reply