Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: what's for dinner? [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am there with you on chipotle's and wahoos rocks. i ate there literally everyday for 2 months last summer, the carnitas kicks serious ass.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: what's for dinner? [jonny dough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when I lived up there and worked downtown I would bike commute in at 6am down Kearny Villa along the 163 (and freeze in the winter) and coming home do a couple repeats up Soledad, working my way back to MM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh, and I remember Feb 2001 when the freak ice/hail storm hit Mira Mesa/Scripps? I was on the 15 north and there was snow/ice piled up along the side of the road and I get home and had to activate the pump to clear out the overflow from the pool and back patio, that day was wild
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i was staying in orange county after having just moved back from japan, but sounds like wild weather for SD.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am doing that commute right now, but from MM to the end of PL, not a bad commute have yet to do it in the winter though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you will need some good gloves, knee, arm, head, shoe warmers come this winter, and lights

with the wind chill, it gets very cold at 6-7 am
Quote Reply
Re: what's for dinner? [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
just baked a loaf of my mom's irish soda bread. tasty and rich as hell; training partner/roomie and i are devouring slabs of it right now.

Thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to try it. Love Irish Soda Bread, it's the buttermilk that makes it so good.

Quote | Reply
Commuting from MM to Carlsbad, hit the 101 all the way up to Canon road. Its actually faster to ride my bike on Fridays then it is to drive!!!!

I think MM has 3 of the longest lights in SD. MM Blvd @ Camino Ruiz, Black Moutain, and the road right before the 805. The computer that controls those is WHACK!

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Re: what's for dinner? [bcreager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salmon steamed with hot sauce marinade, my sweet potato hash, and spinach. And a pint of Frankenmuth Brewery Hefe Weizen with a wedge of lemon. My favorite summer beer.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: what's for dinner? [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I love sweet potatoes, so how do you make sweet potato hash?

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Re: what's for dinner? [bcreager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you ever find a backpack for your commute?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tonight i'm going to have sauteed spinach, homemade meatballs and marinara. good stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nah, just end up taking everything the day before, kind of a pain cause I have to plan ahead, but not that big of a deal. I have to commute on my tri bike right now, so its hard to carry a pack.....but, that will soon end. Serotta in the works, ordering in a month or so. When I get that, I will also be getting one of these: http://www.chromebags.com/citizen.php

-bcreage
Quote Reply

Prev Next